Value Stream Supervisor - 2nd ShiftAndersen Windows & Doors, Dubuque, IA
This listing has expired
Andersen Windows, Inc. is a part of Andersen Corporation; the largest window and door manufacturer in North America. The flagship Andersen® brand is the most recognized and most used brand in the window and patio door industry. In addition to the Andersen brand, Andersen Corporation includes Renewal by Andersen window replacement, Silver Line, and American Craftsman brand windows and doors sold exclusively at The Home Depot. Andersen was founded in 1903 and is privately owned. The company is known for its strong history of commitment to its business partners, employees, community and environmental stewardship. Andersen employs 9,000 people and markets products throughout North America and in South America, Europe, Asia and the Middle East.
- Maintain high level of visibility with associates. Use hands-on approach to communicate daily and involve associates in problem solving.
- Promote safety and ensure a safe work environment and safe associate work habits.
- Develop a high performance work team with high levels of associate morale, satisfaction, and performance.
- Create and maintain a respectful work environment by listening, seeking facts to support decisions, managing one’s own reactions, and addressing unacceptable behavior.
- Help associates succeed through performance management. Provide coaching and performance communication to support development.
- Review general status of production schedules to identify and resolve problems.
- Ensure the desired product quality levels are achieved through use of standard work and training to those standards, training in operation and inspection techniques, and use of tools/data.
- Deploy and implement new, customer-focused processes in accordance with lean principles and practices. Provide training and coaching to improve standard work, work center organization (5S), and housekeeping. Actively provide change leadership as required.
- Support and foster an environment of continuous improvement by encouraging associates to challenge existing processes and implement solutions that enhance the overall effectiveness of the operation.
- Support associates in understanding company policies and practices.
- Maintain time and production records.
- Take notice of process related problems and support associates in taking corrective action to improve the overall performance of the team.
- Communicate with and listen to associates on a daily basis regarding work center/team performance, strategic initiatives, policy changes, safety, quality, etc.
- Communicate with other supervisors and appropriate personnel regarding equipment, safety, work center schedules, company policies and practices, performance improvement plans, etc.
- 1-2 years of supervisory or work center lead experience
- Previous experience in a manufacturing operation with demonstrated ability to acquire and apply manufacturing principles a plus
- Continuing education in the following areas: Management, Human Resources, Accounting, Manufacturing, Leadership, and Coaching
- Demonstrated ability to work with and motivate people
This listing has expired
Skilled Labor Trades
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||1-2 Years|