Crescent Electric Supply Company was founded by Titus B. Schmid in Dubuque, Iowa in 1919. Today we have grown with 126 locations throughout the United States and have become one of the nation's largest distributors of wholesale electrical supplies. Our Corporate headquarters is located in East Dubuque, IL.
Our growth is the result of our commitment to building beneficial relationships with our customers, suppliers, and employees and seeking long-term growth through total customer satisfaction. Our customers are the contractors, manufacturers, industrial facilities, building owners, and utilities that create electricity, install electrical systems, or use it in their buildings. Take a look at Crescent Electric Supply and you will see an exciting, growing organization in a dynamic industry. If that sounds like the right place for you, we would love to hear from you.
To learn more about Crescent Electric Supply Co., visit our web site at www.cesco.com.
Responsible for monitoring branch operations and procedures and implementing General Office policies. The auditor acts as a liaison between the branches and the General Office and assists in solving problems between the two. The auditors will review documentation on existing quality system activities during scheduled internal assessments.
- Audit branches on a regular basis (requiring travel of about 3 weeks per month).
- Audits include review of the following areas: Audit of cash box; Audit invoice control procedures; Reconcile cash sale statements; review aged vendor returns; verify vendor payables; check product receiving procedures; customer sales tax review; sampling inventory for accuracy; and project reconciliation.
- Occasional audits include: Branch assets; Accounts receivable follow up on cash sales; Claims credit and deduction; Vendor pricing follow up; Check exemption status of customers; Help with year-end ledger close out; Help with Internal Systems audits including:
- Planning, executing, and documenting
- Reporting results
- Verifying effectiveness of corrective action.
- Answer branch staff questions.
- Assist in training new branch personnel and training existing personnel on new policies and procedures.
- Advise branch management and staff on policy and procedural issues.
- Assist in the decision making process on branch procedures.
- Advise branch management on staff evaluations.
- Contact with vendors and customers to complete audit process.
- Follow up verbal or written report to management on outcome of audit.
- Follow up previous audit recommendations.
- Involve other appropriate General Office staff to help branch solve problems.
- Assist in working out problems between branches and General Office.
- Ability to travel (approximately 3 weeks per month).
- Associate's degree or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Previous accounting and computer experience preferred.
- Valid driver's license.
- Must meet Crescent Electric Supply Company's requirements to drive company vehicles.
- Ability to work independently, good math skills, good verbal and written communication skills, good analytical skills.
Competitive Benefit Package:
We offer a competitive benefits package including 401(k), medical, dental, life, and disability insurance.
CESCO is an Equal Opportunity Employer:
Candidates are subject to reference checks, credit, criminal background and DMV checks, assessments, and a post-offer drug screen. EOE/M/F/Vets/Disability
Click on the following link: http://bit.ly/1ijPb32 to be directed to our Youtube playlist. Learn more about Crescent Electric Supply Company and what our employees have to say about working for this great organization.
|Apply for this Job!|
|Alternate Web Site:||Click to visit|
East Dubuque, IL
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||1-2 Years|