RN- ORSouthwest Health, Platteville, WI
This listing has expired
Southwest Health is a non-profit health care system offering residents of southwest Wisconsin a broad span of medical services through its various facilities, including a hospital in Platteville, and Southwest Behavioral Services as well as Epione Pavilion in Cuba City.
We are a model healthcare organization, providing the highest quality care at the lowest possible cost while working to create healthier communities.
We are committed to quality health care. Proof of this committment is our accreditation by the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Health Care Organizations. We've been awarded full accreditation because we strive to provide the best care possible, and we've proven it by meeting the Joint Commissions's standards for high quality care. Our Long Term Care Facility has also successfully completed two consecutive years of deficiency free surveys by the Department of Health and Family Services - Bureau of Quality Assurance.
Our hospital features birthing suites, 24-hour a day emergency services, complete diagnostic services, an out-patient specialty clinic, community health programs, comprehensive rehabilitation services (physical, occupational, speech therapies), and respiratory therapy services to name just a few.
- Requires a bachelors or associates degree from an accredited school of nursing.
- Certification in Basic Life Support (BLS) and additional department-specific certifications required/recommended per the Clinical Employee Certification Requirements document.
- Fulfillment of licensure of the State of Wisconsin for a RN, and be legally eligible to practice in the state of Wisconsin.
- Minimum of one year RN experience in OR department preferred.
- Knowledge of and understands the Wisconsin Nurse Practice Act and RN Scope of Practice.
- Basic computer skills and of specialized equipment used within the department.
We are currently seeking a full-time (36 hours/week) RN-OR to work days, 7:00am-5:00pm. This position includes an on-call rotation. Call response time to the facility is 30 minutes.
The RN provides nursing care and service in accordance the Nurse Practice Act, current laws and regulations and under the direction of medical staff. Follows the individualized plan of care for each patient in order to achieve the highest practicable level of physical and mental well-being for each patient in compliance with current nursing standards of care and practice and medical standards of care, federal, state regulations, and Southwest Health policy and procedure. Utilizes the nursing process in the execution of general nursing procedures in the maintenance of health, prevention of illness or care of the ill through the performance of assessment, planning, intervention and evaluation.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform pre-operative interviews.
- Educate patients regarding post-operative care.
- Routinely evaluates equipment/supply needs in the department and participates in restocking supplies.
- Prep patient charts to assure labs, x-rays, history and physicals, consents, etc. are complete.
- Assist with evaluation of staffing needs and communication of these needs to surgery manager to ensure adequate staffing based on scheduled cases.
- Position patient, prepare operative area, and adjust table to proper position.
- Open all sterile packs and supplies with an aseptic technique.
- Maintain surgical counts (i.e.; sponge, needle and instruments) to account for all items according to present policy.
- Care for specimens and cultures per Southwest Health’s policy.
- Assist in scheduling of operative procedures.
- Accompany patient to ambulatory care and hand off to receiving nurse on the patient’s status/procedure to ensure continuation of care.
- Follow AORN Perioperative Standards and Southwest Health policies and procedures.
- Remain flexible in a constantly changing profession.
- Monitor patient’s vital signs, breathing, alertness, awareness following the surgical procedure.
- Implement a plan of care in PACU to manage the patient from various anesthetics (General, MAC, Regional, and Local), positioning, thermal sources and extraneous objects.
- Post-operatively, record all appropriate information on the patient chart.
- Ensure sterility of the field and taking corrective actions as needed; and sterilization of instruments/equipment.
- Assist with post procedural cleaning of the operating/procedure room in preparation for subsequent patients.
- Participate in ongoing education/competency verification activities.
We believe that together we can change lives, and we anticipate your life will change in the process. If you aspire to help others find hope and live better, we invite you to submit your application at www.southwesthealth.org.
SH is truly an outstanding place to work. A full benefit package is available for employees working 20 hours/week or greater which includes: Health, Dental, Vision and Life insurance. Also available are long and short term disability, cell phone discount, flexible spending plan, paid time off, retirement plan with an employer contribution, fitness membership discount as well as use of exercise equipment at the facility.
This listing has expired
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||--|