IT Support TechnicianTRICOR Insurance, Mauston, WI
This listing has expired
TRICOR is a growing third generation insurance and risk management consulting firm with 28 locations with over 200 employees servicing the needs of clients. TRICOR offers a competitive benefits package, paid training and advancement opportunities.
TRICOR Insurance, an independent agency with a solid history bridging across three generations is looking to fill an IT Support Technician. Ideally, this position would work out of the Mauston, WI location, however, we will consider other TRICOR locations. This is an entry level position responsible for providing support and assistance to internal staff by phone, email and remotely and/or in person relating to business applications and operating systems. The position entails:
Provide troubleshooting support to staff at multiple locations on network, VoIP, business applications, desktops/laptops, printers, scanners, copiers, etc.
- Install, support and maintain PC applications used by business
- Identify and resolve moderately complex and non-standard problems by applying documented procedures or researching the issue
- Documenting support issues/resolutions in ticket management system
- Explain technical concepts to non-technical users
- Maintain inventory of equipment
- Special projects and other duties as assigned by IT Manager
- Minimum education required: Associate's degree in Information Technology or related field; Bachelor's degree preferred
- 1+ years of relevant industry experience is preferred
- Exposure to the basics of computer programming and an interest to work on projects of this nature are beneficial
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, including keeping staff informed of incident progress with the ability to communicate technical information to a non-technical audience in a clear and coherent manner
- Ability to utilize computer programs and other technology tools provided by the business
- Work effectively with Microsoft software, including Operating Systems (Windows 7, 8) and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- General awareness of WAN and LAN connectivity, routers, switches, and firewalls
- Configuring workstations according to business specifications and documented procedures
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to changes quickly
- Physical efforts required include keyboarding, repetitive small motor activity, verbally communicating detailed and important information to others quickly and accurately, stooping, reaching, standing, lifting objects up to twenty pounds frequently, occasionally assisting facilities staff with moving office furniture or changing light bulbs, etc.
- Day travel expected (must hold valid driver's license)
- A full-time career in a successful family owned/operated business that is growing and secure.
- Opportunities for advancement after appropriate training.
- Locations in WI, MN & IA.
- Health, Dental, & Vision benefit Insurance plans w/Health Reimbursement Account &/or Health Savings Account.
- Flex Spending/Dependent Spending Account.
- 401(k) Retirement Program with a CFP on staff to assist with your retirement needs.
- Competitive weekly wage & direct deposit.
- Technical job training and one-on-one coaching/mentoring support.
- Personal Development Plans for all positions.
- Supportive & motivating staff to help you succeed in a family atmosphere.
- Flexible schedule with emphasis on work-life balance.
- Business casual dress MondayThursday with casual dress Fridays.
To learn more about TRICOR Insurance and employment opportunities visit, www.tricorinsurance.com.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.