Surgical Operating AssistantGreat River Oral And Maxillofacial Surgery, Dubuque, IA
Primary responsibilities are to assist the OMS by providing pre-operative, intra-operative and post-operative patient care in the clinic and satellite clinics. Responsible for the preparation and maintenance of the clinical facility allowing for the delivery of exceptional patient care in a safe environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide exceptional pre-operative, intra-operative, and post-operative care to OMS patients under the guidance of the OMS.
- Implement, document and monitor all infection control programs.
- Maintain competency for anesthesia monitoring.
- Implement, document and monitor clinical record keeping / charting.
- Clean, disinfect, package and sterilize surgical instruments according to GROMS protocol and OSHA standards.
- Prepare surgical trays for procedures according to GROMS protocol.
- Breakdown surgical trays according to GROMS protocol and OSHA standards.
- Manage the sterilization process and maintain the sterilization equipment.
- Open and close the operatories according to GROMS protocol.
- Clean the operatories between procedures according to GROMS protocol.
- Maintain, document and monitor emergency preparedness.
- Participate in educational experiences based on identified clinical needs.
- Prepare and maintain the clinical facilities and equipment in a manner to provide exceptional and safe patient care.
- Initiate and implement changes to prevent occurrence, recurrence or continuation of unsafe conditions.
- Act as a resource to less experienced colleagues for current surgical assisting practices.
- Communicate with management to assist in reallocating resources according to changing professional needs.
- Identify and implement quality improvement activities.
- Participate fully with all compliance activities and take responsibility for reporting improprieties to the proper management personnel.
- Maintain good employee relations. Approach conflict in a constructive manner. Help to identify problems, offer solutions and participate in resolutions.
- Maintain the confidentiality of information acquired pertaining to patient, doctors, employees and visitors to GROMS. Discuss patient, clinic and hospital information only with appropriate personnel in appropriate private places.
- Behave in accordance with the Mission, Vision and Values of GROMS.
- Assume responsibility for performance of job duties in the safest possible manner, to assure personal safety and that of coworkers, and to report all preventable hazards and unsafe practices immediately to management.
Supplemental Duties and Responsibilities
To be determined by management based on employee’s knowledge, experience, interest and expertise. For example: surgical hospital assistant. If surgical hospital assistant, must maintain Allied Health Professional credentials at the local hospitals.
Education, Experience and Licensure
Education: At least an Associates degree in Dental Assisting/ Surgical technician or equivalent experience.
Licensure: A current license in Dental Assisting in the state of Iowa.
Required Skills and Abilities
Satisfactory completion of an approved Radiography Course.
Current CPR or willingness to complete within 6 months.
Current EKG and anesthesia training or willingness to complete within 1 year.
Knowledge and ability to make critical decisions.
Interpersonal skills necessary to initiate and maintain a professional relationship with doctors and co-workers.
Direct supervision is received from the Clinical Team Leader.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be a complete list of all the duties performed.
|Apply for this Job!|
|Apply by Email:||firstname.lastname@example.org|