Portzen Construction began in 1983 with several housing rehab projects where they converted old buildings. Portzen Construction was incorporated in May of 1989, changing the name to Portzen Construction, Inc. The company has since developed into a multi-faceted organization. Our capabilities include: complete excavation services for underground utilities, water service, storm and waste water piping, street repairs, and building foundations; concrete services for roads, streetscapes, parking lots and street paving, building foundations and structural concrete; carpentry services for residential, commercial and industrial structures including framing, finishing, cabinetry, siding and roofing; plumbing services for residential, commercial, and industrial projects including process piping for water treatment, waste water treatment plants and aquatic facilities for moderate size cities.
Project Superintendent – Building Construction
General Position Description:
The project superintendent will lead field operations and work in partnership with the Project Management team to build a safe, high quality, profitable project. The position is responsible for all field operations including: safety, quality, productivity, planning & scheduling, client relations, team building, risk management, cost estimation, subcontractor management, and execution strategy.
- Five or more years of relevant construction industry experience with superintendent duties.
- Expert knowledge of various areas of construction.
- Expert knowledge of the basic OSHA Safety regulations.
- Self-directed, organized, and self-motivated to accomplish goals.
- Excellent teamwork, communication and people skills is a must.
- Proactive and pragmatic thinker, is deliberate and decisive in making decisions.
- Solid time management system and demonstrates excellent organization skills.
- Working knowledge of MS Word, Excel & Outlook.
- Ability to read and decipher plans and specifications.
- Sets, communicates, and enforces production goals and schedules with crews.
- Leads the development of the project schedule with the Project Manager and ensures the team is executing to the plan.
- Knows the key operational details of the subcontract and hold the subcontractors accountable to their agreement and the company’s standards.
- Implements effective cost controls over labor, material, equipment, and other related expenditures.
- Actively develops client relations.
- Leads and enforces the safety policies, procedures and addresses non-compliance among all employees, subcontractors and vendors.
- Create and coordinate requests for information.
- Coordinate change order requests.
- Maintain As-Built drawings on the jobsite.
- Works with Project Manager to order materials and schedule deliveries.
- Leads all required pre-installation conferences on the jobsite.
- Helps facilitate/run job progress meetings.
- In charge of coordinating all building inspections with local/state officials.
Benefits include health insurance, dental insurance, retirement plan, paid time off and paid holidays.
Interested candidates should email resume and cover letter with wage requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Apply for this Job!|
|Apply in Person:||205 Stone Valley Dr|
|Apply by Mail:||205 Stone Valley Dr|
Dubuque, IA 520039746
|Apply by Email:||email@example.com|
Skilled Labor Trades
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||--|