Corporate Staff AccountantJNB Gaming, Dubuque, IA
RESPONSIBLE TO: VP of Finance
COMPANY: JNB Gaming currently operates three casinos across the country and are quickly growing our portfolio of casino resorts.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The Corporate Staff Accountant is responsible for assisting in all areas relating to financial reporting for each of our managed properties. This position will be responsible for developing and maintaining accounting principles, practices and procedures to ensure consistency across properties and accurate and timely financial statements. The Corporate Staff Accountant works directly with property finance teams to ensure that financial statements are accurate and completed in a timely manner. This position addresses tight deadlines and a multitude of accounting activities including general ledger preparation, financial reporting, year-end audit preparation support, the support of budget and forecast activities and assists with special projects as needed.
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES
- Obtain and maintain a thorough understanding of the financial reporting and general ledger structure.
- Ensure accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year-end financial reporting requirements.
- Review property level financial statements and balance sheet reconciliations on a periodic basis.
- Assist the CFO in preparing and evaluating cash flow models and projections
- Supports budget and forecasting activities at each of the properties.
- Collaborates with the other finance department managers to support overall department goals and objectives.
- Monitors and analyzes property finance department work to develop more efficient procedures and use of resources while maintaining a high level of accuracy.
- Advises property staff regarding the handling of non-routine reporting transactions.
- Work with the CFO and property staff to ensure a clean and timely year end audit.
- Provide training to new and existing staff as needed.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting from an accredited university
- CPA is preferred
Technical Skills and Prior Experience
- Two to five years prior experience in the financial reporting/general ledger area. Experience working in a casino or hospitality firm is preferred but not required.
- Must be PC proficient and able to thrive in a fast -pace setting. Must have strong experience with Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions with minimal direction
- Must be willing to travel to JNB properties as needed. Travel requirements may be as much as 10 days per month
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure and meet deadlines required
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a valid gaming licenses in multiple jurisdictions
|Apply for this Job!|
|Apply by Email:||email@example.com|