Product Development TechnicianFlexsteel Industries Inc, Dubuque, IA
This listing has expired
Flexsteel Industries, Inc. is a seating specialist with more than 116 years of experience creating fine upholstered furniture for residential, commercial and vehicle installations.
With corporate headquarters in Dubuque, Iowa, Flexsteel encompasses a nation-wide network of manufacturing facilities with operations in Dublin, Georgia; Harrison, Arkansas; Louisville, Kentucky; Riverside, California; and Starkville, Mississippi. More than 1750 associates are employed at Flexsteel facilities, with 350 associates employed in Dubuque.
Flexsteel is named for the unique flexible blue steel seat spring which offers durability and comfort, backed by one of the furniture industry's few lifetime limited warranties.
For more information, visit http://www.Flexsteel.com.
This position will support New Product Introduction (NPI) projects by creating technical drawings, documentation, and work instructions required for the manufacture of furniture products.
Project support will include but is not limited to: assisting during design/prototype development, collaborating with other departments, communicating with outside suppliers, and participating in manufacturing trials. This position will also support existing product lines by maintaining or improving previously developed product designs and documentation.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Complete low to medium complexity design assignments including but not limited to: wood frames, foam parts, mechanical components, and assemblies
- Document assembly procedures and develop work instructions used by manufacturing
- Create detailed engineering drawings, Bill of Materials (BOMs), and related product documentation based on direction from manager, engineer, or other PD&E personnel
- Enter and maintain product data in ERP system as needed
- Complete engineering changes as assigned in a timely manner
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor
- Up to 10% domestic/international required
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Associate's 2-year technical degree in Mechanical Design, Engineering Technology, Manufacturing, Computer-Aided Design/Drafting (CAD), or related field from an accredited institution
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- One (1) or more years of solid modeling experience using 3D CAD
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to collaborate with other departments
- Two (2) or more years of work experience in a related field
- Experience working in the furniture industry
- Experience using SolidWorks (3D CAD)
This listing has expired
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||1-2 Years|