Hartig Drug Stores is a privately owned regional community pharmacy chain and one of the oldest continuously operated firms in the United States. Currently, the company has retail pharmacies in the tri-states area of Iowa, Wisconsin and Illinois. The company headquarters is located in Dubuque, Iowa.
At Hartig Drug, we cherish the faith and trust that our patients and customers have placed in our name. To our customers, our name represents: Caring associates, quality merchandise, selection, and value.
Hartig Drug devotes a tremendous amount of time and energy providing our employees an environment that is healthy and supportive. The men and women of Hartig Drug welcome our customers into our places of business as if they were family. To us, customer service is more than lip service, it's a culture. Every day, we strive to be the best. To that end, we are committed to hiring the best people. Our people are proud to offer our customers clean stores, in-stock stores, high quality merchandise and low prices.
Hartig Drug Stores has been serving the Illinois, Iowa and Wisconsin Markets since 1904. The company operates traditional drug stores, and several long-term care pharmacies. Hartig Drug has partnered with UnityPoint-Finley Hospital of Dubuque and operates Finley-Hartig Homecare, a store and service organization specializing in durable medical equipment, medical supplies and oxygen. Hartig Drug Stores can be accessed via the World Wide Web at www.hartigdrug.com.
Essential Job Functions
- Able to verify patient information on prescription is complete and accurate
- Enters prescription into pharmacy software system, prepares prescription, labels container, price and file the prescription to be checked by the pharmacist before it is given to the patient
- Establish and maintain patient files
- Prepare and file insurance claims
- Stock and inventory prescription medication
Essential Job Functions
- Must be self-motivated with the ability to work independently, make decisions in the best interest of the company and be able to open and close the store according to standard operating procedures
- Must have good working knowledge of the POS system in order to complete supervisory transactions such as voids, refunds, POS audits, etc.
- Process operating paperwork, do bookkeeping duties such as, but not limited to, balancing tills and doing bank deposits
- Supervise and complete all job tasks as assigned by store manager
- Greet customers/patients in a polite and courteous manner
- Assist customers/patients with any questions they may have
- Complete transaction by tendering payment from the customer/patient
- Assist with stocking merchandise, straightening and cleaning as needed
- Assist customers/patients with postal services and photo finishing requests if applicable
- Works well in a team environment
- Portrays the company in a positive image
- Required to abide by all rules, regulations and policies of the employer
|Apply for this Job!|
|Apply in Person:||703 Main St|
|Apply by Mail:||703 Main St|
Dubuque, IA 52001
|Alternate Web Site:||Click to visit|
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||--|