Human Resources GeneralistInnovative Ag Services, Monticello, IA
This listing has expired
Human Resources Generalist
Is Human Resources your Passion?
Do you like to be challenged and strive to make a difference?
This position serves in many roles and requires a commitment to high organizational skills, excellent communication and the ability to manage multiple projects effectively.
This position reports in to the VP of Human Resources and will work within the following areas:
- Mornings Mon through Thursday - Receptionist for administration office- greet visitors, answer phones, maintain phone extension listing and voice mail directory for the Monticello location.
- Scheduling lunches as requested by management staff; keep conference room stocked for meetings
- Scheduling meetings in other venues as requested by management staff
- Annual Custom Applicator Renewal Licensing
- Admin of Feed Training records
- Feed Sales incentive numbers – quarterly update
- Feed Sales and marketing campaigns, progress on goals
- Assist Director of Safety & Compliance with administrative duties in relation to safety programs
- Assist Director of Maintenance with administrative duties upon request
- Recruiting – Drive recruitment of hourly FT, and Seasonal employees and FT salaried employees. Build relationships with educational and community sources to build applicant pool for short and long term sourcing of future employees. Attend Job Fairs, Networking events etc. to build branding of IAS as an employer. Manage advertisement expense tracking. (minimal travel required)
- Manage IAS Internship Program with support of other HR Team members
- Manage IAS Scholarship Program
- Processing of Workers comp claims, assistance to supervisors in work comp claim reduction
- Create Communications for Corporate Website - Write Press Releases, Radio copy, Print copy,
- Newspaper advertising and online advertisement for Sales, Operations & HR Initiatives as needed
- Help Develop Branding of IAS and maintain a corporate brochure
- Create Communication for Internal Insights Newsletter and Customer AgBiz Publication
Other HR Team Duties
- Content Mgmt. Expert on all HRIS platforms.
- Content management of electronic and paper files
- Help develop and implement employee retention and reward programs
- Cross trained for Backup Payroll Administration
- Other duties as assigned to support HR team and company initiatives
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Under graduate degree in human resources, or business management, and/or equivalent of education and experience. 2 to 4 years HR experience preferred.
- Self-Directed, with limited supervision, displays a high level of initiative, effort, and commitment towards completing assignments efficiently.
- Ability to communicate information or ideas effectively in written or oral form, as well as by phone and online
- Ability to organize, deals with change effectively, and work on multiple tasks concurrently.
- Ability to successfully participate in recruitment PI Training Program & support Company initiatives once trained
- Microsoft Office Suite programs. Strong Excel and Publisher Skills a plus.
Physical Requirements/Environmental Adaptability:
- Requires static strength to lift, push, pull, or, on occasion carry objects with a minimum weight of 50 pounds. Also flexibility to bend, stretch, twist, or reach with your body, arms, and/or legs. Some tasks involve repetitive motion.
- Agricultural Environment – Possible exposure to seasonal weather, outdoor conditions, and agriculture products.
IAS is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
To apply online go to: