Merchandising ManagerFlexsteel Industries Inc, Dubuque, IA
This listing has expired
Flexsteel Industries, Inc. is a seating specialist with more than 116 years of experience creating fine upholstered furniture for residential, commercial and vehicle installations.
With corporate headquarters in Dubuque, Iowa, Flexsteel encompasses a nation-wide network of manufacturing facilities with operations in Dublin, Georgia; Harrison, Arkansas; Louisville, Kentucky; Riverside, California; and Starkville, Mississippi. More than 1750 associates are employed at Flexsteel facilities, with 350 associates employed in Dubuque.
Flexsteel is named for the unique flexible blue steel seat spring which offers durability and comfort, backed by one of the furniture industry's few lifetime limited warranties.
For more information, visit http://www.Flexsteel.com.
Directs the profitable introduction of new Home Furnishings products and fabrics. Responsible for implementing new and existing styles into Market presentations that increase sales and maximize product placement with retailers, while managing the scope of the portfolio of products and fabrics. Coordinates product display with showroom designer by developing floor plans that properly merchandise new products to produce successful sales and marketing campaigns.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Analyze past sales data, customer reactions and market trends to anticipate product needs.
- Work closely with design and sales team by providing data and receiving/organizing input on market trends.
- Manage fabric portfolio consistent with design trends and business strategy. Select fabric introductions while partnering with buying team to enable effective vendor and inventory management aligned to business goals. Meet with fabric vendors to select samples. Travel to Showtime or vendors as needed.
- Development of merchandising plans that ensure the right product is available to the right customers at the right time. Maximize customer interest and sales levels by displaying market relevant products that are visually appealing.
- Coordinate Home Furnishing products for Market introduction. Develop cover marriages for new and existing domestic product and work with Director of Merchandising to determine the sourced product items for display.
- Develop and document detailed showroom layouts and coordinate with showroom designer to ensure proper display.
- Travel to markets when needed for set up and direction.
- Collaborate with purchasing and product development on product requirements and cost.
- Provide general merchandising assistance to Retail Development, Marketing and Sales.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE DESIRED:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or related field required.
- 3+ years experience merchandising home furnishings products preferred.
- Excellent communication skills and demonstrated ability to work cross functionally
- Demonstrated critical-thinking, organizational skills, problem solving skills
- Ability to travel as needed.
Flexsteel Industries, Inc. offers a competitive salary, along with an excellent full-time benefits package, paid holidays, a friendly, supportive work environment, Flexsteel furniture discounts, and professional growth opportunities. EOE M/F/H/V
Please apply online at http://www.flexsteel.com/about-us/careers
This listing has expired
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||2-5 Years|