Inside Sales RepresentativeSadlier Publishing, Dubuque, IA
This listing has expired
In today’s high-performing schools, Sadlier is the go-to publisher to partner with for your English Language Arts and Mathematics academic needs. Our traditional approach to teaching core curriculum content has been proven effective for decades to truly prepare students for the demands of college-level work and life.
It is the trust in the Sadlier quality that keeps loyal customers returning year after year. They know we’ll always be tied to solid educational content and a commitment to what works.
Sadlier Publishing is Hiring!
Are you a new graduate looking to hone your sales skills? Or perhaps a seasoned sales rep ready to break into a new industry or a new company? Are you ready to join a company known for its positive culture, flexibility, and high employee retention? If so, please read on and apply today!
The Inside Sales Representative is expected to engage in the daily proactive sales efforts considered necessary to promote the full line of William H. Sadlier, Inc. products and reach their assigned annual goal. Through ownership of their assigned territory, the representative is required to stay abreast of all the trends and opportunities in their market and work both independently and in collaboration with their manager and rep peers.
- Actively prospects for potential new customers within territory via phone, email, web conferences, presentations, and occasional in-person visits
- Meets sales goals by targeting and prioritizing existing and new accounts based upon likelihood and size of purchase
- Works with Regional Sales Manager to develop territory plans that uncover issues and address customer needs for educational materials and services
- Works with associated Field Rep, Regional Sales Manager and Marketing Department to develop marketing calendar to effectively sell products, to influence and uncover potential leads and follow up with customers
- Maintains adequate knowledge of each product area to converse comfortably with customers and understand their needs, and to consult on products and resources that will help customers meet educational objectives
- Constantly monitors the market, recognizes trends, and communicates that information to the Regional Sales Manager and Marketing Department
- Track all sales opportunities through Salesforce.com database
- Plans manages assigned expense budgets effectively
Education, Experience, Skills Required:
Successful candidates will thrive in a results-driven environment and demonstrate a record of achievement:
- 2+ years' experience in a target driven sales environment (preferably within the publishing sector, but not required)
- Good interpersonal skills, as well as the ability to assimilate information rapidly
- Willingness to work collaboratively with other members of the Sales and Marketing Departments
- Strong analytical, organizational and planning skills
- Must demonstrate initiative and be self-motivated in order to secure results in a sales environment
- Ability to work under pressure
- Must have ability to present products effectively to small and large groups
- Proficiency with technology and computer literacy required. Notably MS Desktop or equivalent; Collaborative tools, such as CRM (salesforce.com)
- Willingness to travel and work in assigned market (10%-15% of time)
- Experience in K-12, Educational Sales preferred
This listing has expired
|Years of Experience||1-2 Years|