Vice President of OperationsPrudential Financial, Dubuque, IA
This listing has expired
For more than 140 years, Prudential has delivered products and services that help address the financial challenges of individual and institutional customers. Today, with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe and Latin America, Prudential is among the world’s largest financial services companies. Building your career at Prudential offers you the opportunity to truly make a difference.
The Vice President of Operations is a high visibility, high impact role within Prudential Retirement. This role will report to the Chief Operating Officer of Full Service Solutions (FSS), a business line of Prudential Retirement.
Prudential Retirement provides investments and recordkeeping of defined contribution, defined benefit and executive deferred compensation plans to more than 3,500 corporate, governmental, not-for-profit and Taft-Hartley plan sponsors and more than 4.2 million participants. The Operations team consists of approximately 700 employees working in multiple functions and disciplines (client on-boarding, money-in, money-out, plan compliance, calculations, claims, etc.) across multiple product lines (Defined Benefit, Defined Contribution, Pension Risk Transfer, Non-Qualified).
This role will be responsible for oversight of Defined Contribution and Non-Qualified operations functions within Prudential Retirement's Full Service Solutions line of business. This Leader will be responsible for oversight of a staff of 4 - 6 direct reports and approximately 200 total associates. The role will be accountable for all functional responsibilities within these teams and specifically, with client and participant satisfaction of the administrative aspects of the end-to-end experience. The position is instrumental in ensuring optimal effectiveness through successful development, implementation and coordination of key strategic business initiatives. Most importantly, the leader will play a key role in helping to design the optimal future platform, service and engagement model for our customers and partners.
There is considerable complexity in being able to balance all aspects of this role. In particular, the leader must be able to maintain or improve service levels of the existing business while at the same time, help to dramatically change the service model of the future. We will measure this leader on her/his ability to lead and 'influence across' in a positive and inspirational manner. As well, this individual will need to drive significant change in the way we manage our deliverables, while continuing to ensure exceptional service and optimal efficiency. All this must be done while modeling the organizations' core values and leadership competencies, and teaching others to do the same.
If you can't be passionate about driving change in an influential way that excites (as opposed to demotivates) everyone around you, or if you have a large ego and are not willing to learn from all levels within an organization, this job is not for you. You will also need to be able to communicate in a brief and concise fashion in front of multiple audiences.
The type of individual that can be passionate about this assignment, and will be best positioned to succeed will:
- Have demonstrated success in being a positive change agent, approaching each task with a 'can do' attitude and a goal of motivating and inspiring those around them.
- Have a proven track record of career progression while driving successful outcomes within a growth-oriented company, preferably within the technology/digital industry. You do NOT need to have retirement experience to apply for this job. A background in engineering/ engineering disciplines is also preferred (i.e. - Computer Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, etc.)
- Be excited about working within an environment of ambiguity, and has a proven track record with agile development.
- Be data driven to drive continuous improvement of Operations and measurements for senior leadership review.
- Can demonstrate a strong understanding of how technology infrastructure and operational discipline impacts the effectiveness of service delivery to the client base and its impact on costs, service and quality.
- Have courage to take intelligent risks, and a proven ability to be a catalyst of decision making within the larger organization.
- Have been told multiple times by multiple different people that they have strong communication skills.
- Be (or learn to become) very 'self-aware'; intuitive about asking for, accepting and successful responding to tough feedback to improve.
- See conflict as a good thing and know how to surface and manage conflict the right way.
- Enjoy the challenge of working in a complicated, ever-changing and fast-moving environment.
- Enjoy engaging with clients in different situations such as sales meetings, issue resolution, new services introduction, etc.
A few more things:
- FINRA Series 6, 63 and 26 registrations required within 120 days of hire
Willingness to travel 25-50% of time
- Primary work location to be Scranton, Pennsylvania or Dubuque, Iowa