NEW Guest Services AssociateCreative Adventure Lab, Dubuque, IA
Creative Adventure Lab is a non-profit organization that fuses art, science, and technology into adventures that inspire creative thinking among people of diverse ages and abilities. We believe creativity moves our world forward and are dedicated to fostering creative capacity and innovation through hands-on, informal learning experiences.
Guest service associates welcome & orient visitors, deliver excellent customer service, engage visitors in programs, and complete daily operational duties. This is a part time position which reports to the Operations Director.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Greets and orients visitors.
- Engages guests in permanent and rotating labs and program activities.
- Occasionally delivers programs such as visitor education, public demonstrations, school workshops, etc.
- Communicate knowledgeably about current programs, policies, and procedures to be a positive and enthusiastic spokesperson for Creative Adventure Lab's mission & vision.
- Demonstrates enthusiastic and positive attitude with a willingness to learn.
- Models best practices in informal education and visitor engagement.
- Actively models the highest standards in professionalism, inquiry-based and hands-on techniques, interpersonal communication, and guest service philosophy to create a superior experience for Creative Adventure Lab guests.
- Performs daily operational duties and special duties as assigned.
- May represent Creative Adventure Lab at off-site programs, including but not limited to outreach programs, community events, etc.
- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Expected Hours of Availability: Saturdays and Sundays 9:00am to 5:00pm, including some weekdays, evenings, and holidays as program & event schedules require.
Qualifications & Experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent. Interest in education, art, science, technology, leisure studies, theater or related field of study.
- Previous customer service, retail, or service industry experience a plus.
Wage & benefits
Part-time position. Starting wage of $8-$10 per hour based on experience and qualifications.
How to Apply
To apply please submit a cover letter and resume. You should specify the desired position in your cover letter. Your cover letter is an opportunity to explain why you are the ideal candidate. Your resume is a way to show you are qualified and should list your educational background, work experience, relevant skills, and anything else that proves you're a standout candidate.
If submitting by email (preferred):
Subject: Employment Application
If submitting by regular mail:
Creative Adventure Lab
210 Jones Street, Suite 100
Dubuque, IA 52001
|Apply for this Job!|
|Apply by Mail:||210 Jones St, Suite 100|
Dubuque, IA 52001
|Apply by Email:||firstname.lastname@example.org|
Arts and Entertainment
Volunteer and Non-profit
|Years of Experience||--|