Plant SupervisorEXPRESS Employment Professionals, Dubuque, IA
This listing has expired
On a Mission to Put
a Million People to Work
Express Employment Professionals is one of the top staffing companies in the U.S. and Canada. Every day, we help people find jobs and provide workforce solutions to businesses. Express has more than 750 franchise locations that provide a full range of employment solutions that include full-time, temporary, and part-time employment in a wide range of positions, including professional, commercial, and administrative. Each Express office is locally owned and operated and backed by the expertise and support of an international headquarters. Simply put, Express is large enough to meet your needs and small enough to care.
If you're a job seeker, Express will assess your skills and work with you to find a job that fits your needs and abilities. Applicants never pay a fee at Express, and you'll have the opportunity to earn benefits such as medical insurance, holiday pay, vacation pay, referral bonuses and much more. Learn more.
For employers, Express Employment Professionals provides staffing and HR solutions to help meet your needs and production goals.
LIKE US! Facebook.com/ExpressDbq
**This is a Direct Hire Position**
Overview: The Plant Supervisor will direct and oversee the safe and efficient operations of the Dubuque Operations. This will entail the daily management and coordination of the operation including customer service and scheduling, receiving, production, purchasing and shipping.
Objectives and Deliverables: Safety, revenue, gross margin, OTD, lead time, plant utilization, efficiency, and quality performance.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist in developing an annual Dubuque Operating Plan, including financial and performance metrics, and assume accountability for achieving Plan metrics and objectives.
- Establish and maintain a clean and safe work place targeted at zero workplace injuries while utilizing 6S methods to maintain a clean and organized plant.
- Communicate closely with Customer Service to ensure customer needs and expectations are met
- Working closely with production scheduling drive continuous improvements in lead time reduction and on time delivery.
- Direct all production activity: receiving, pretreat, dip spin, inspection and shipping to meet customer and company requirements, utilizing lean concepts to reduce non value added activities in all processes.
- Initiate plans and processes which minimize production costs through effective management of manpower, equipment, materials, and other resources
- Direct and oversee all plant purchasing duties including ordering of coatings, shop supplies, safety supplies, etc. while meeting plant budget goals. Identify opportunities to reduce costs through both cost savings initiatives and cost avoidance.
- Determine and maintain appropriate staffing levels required to meet customer requirements while meeting company performance targets
- Establish performance standards and evaluate employee performance against these standards while conducting timely performance appraisals
- Ability to multitask and manage multiple projects
- Strong knowledge of processes and procedures
- Ability to work independently
- Strong problem solving skills
- Strong Initiative and leadership skills
- Quick decision making skills
- Ability to motivate, influence, and train people
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Ability to understand financial reports
- Proficient in ERP/MRP systems
- 4 year Degree or relevant experience
This listing has expired
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||--|