L&M operates two Wisconsin plants, located in Platteville and Pleasant Prairie, which run daily routes to Chicago, Milwaukee, Dubuque, and Madison with stops all across Northern Illinois and Southern Wisconsin.
We convert more than 20 million sq. ft. of corrugated packaging every month. Our workforce includes more than 85 trained employees who are passionate about packaging.
At L&M, our customers come first. You’ll find a can-do, whatever-it-takes spirit is part of our corporate culture. We treat every customer, big or small, with utmost respect and concern. Our core values include integrity, honesty, hard work, and respect. We are dedicated to producing a high quality product. And we are committed to continuous improvement and innovation.
L&M Corrugated Container Corporation (L&M) is seeking a Senior Controller who has prior experience in a manufacturing environment. The successful candidate will come to us with a minimum of 10 years of accounting experience primarily in a controller role and have prior experience functioning as a key business partner to the organization while acting as an integral member of the finance team. The ideal candidate must be comfortable performing and coordinating all accounting and financial activities and have the leadership and communication skills to advise and support management with key information to make financial decisions related to planning, procuring, and investing. This is a hands-on role reporting directly to the CFO, requiring a high level of analytical aptitude and attention to detail along with exceptional communication skills.
The Senior Controller will have demonstrated success in following areas:
* Directs and analyzes studies of general economic, business, and financial conditions and their impact on the organization's policies and operations.
* Guides financial decisions by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing policies and procedures;
* Protects assets by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing internal controls;
* Monitors and confirms financial condition by conducting internal audits;
* Analyzes monthly operating results against forecast and budget.
* Prepares financial reports that are in accordance with GAAP and aligned with L&M's business strategy to provide the insight and visibility necessary to affect positive change
* Prepares non-financial key performance indicator reports, including incisive commentary, that are maintained via automated software
* Oversees the cost accounting, payroll, accounts payable, and accounts receivable functions
* Oversees the preparation of Monthly Consolidated P'L, Cash Flow Statement, and Balance Sheet
* Financial modelling and analysis; prepare financial analysis for contract negotiations and product investment decisions.
* Ensures compliance with local state and federal tax reporting requirements.
* Provides information to external auditors.
Bachelor's degree in Finance and/or Accounting and a CPA a must. A MBA or Master's degree in accounting is a plus but not necessary. A Minimum of 10 years direct experience in an accounting, auditing or finance role within a manufacturing environment with a history or progressive responsibility working in or working toward Controller level responsibility.
Job Type: Full-time
|Years of Experience||10+ Years|