PA Administrative AssistantUniversity of Dubuque, Dubuque, IA
This listing has expired
About the University of Dubuque
The University of Dubuque is a private, Presbyterian, coeducational, professional university with a foundation in the liberal arts. Our commitment is to nurturing the mind, body, and spirit as well as encouraging students to explore their fullest potential, is part of a rich Christian identity that dates back to the University's founding in 1852. Our welcoming interfaith community of 2000 students attracts young men and women from across the country and around the globe who seek the knowledge and the skills to make a difference in our ever-changing world. Within a values and faith base, we offer you an array of perspectives and broad exposure to our truly global society. The University comprises the undergraduate college, the graduate school, and the theological seminary.
Mission and Vision
The University of Dubuque is a private university offering undergraduate, graduate, and theological seminary degrees, and other educational opportunities with the intention of educating and forming the whole person. The University is comprised of individuals from the region, our nation, and the world.
As a community, the University practices its Christian commitments by educating students, pursuing excellence in scholarship, challenging students to live lives of worth and purpose, and preparing students for service to the church and the world.
Therefore, the University of Dubuque is committed to:
- A hospitable Christian environment which respects other faith traditions;
- Relationships which encourage intellectual, spiritual, and moral development;
- Excellence in academic inquiry and professional preparation;
- A diverse and equitable community where Christian love is practiced;
- Stewardship of all God’s human and natural resources;
- Zeal for life-long learning and service.
The University of Dubuque is a growing University who is seeking a PA Administrative Assistant.
- Serves as the point of contact for all University departments
- Greets students, visitors, and other personnel in a positive manner
- Prepares documents and University communications for the Program Director
- Assist with travel coordination and authorization requests and subsequent reimbursement
- Proactively seeks answers and solutions to inquiries; maintains office supplies and purchases
- Builds and maintains relationship with University departments and external organizations
- Provides confidential assistance in the receipt and handling of information
- Works in collaboration with the Admission Coordinator and Clinical team as needed
- Oversee the department budget and report budget activity to the Program Director
- Assist with compliance and reporting to the accrediting board, ARC-PA
- Track and submit student fees to Student Accounts
- Provide orientation and assistance with new Staff hires
- Take minutes at all faculty/staff meetings and others as requested
- Maintain personnel folders
- Coordinate, plan and arrange events
- Collaborate with University Relations on department needs and promotional items
- Perform other duties as assigned or directed by the Program Director
- Associate degree, Bachelor preferred
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in an appropriate specialization field and 2 years’ experience of appropriate experience
- Previous computer skills (data entry, spreadsheet, word-processing, Microsoft office)
- Prior general office equipment skills such as copier, fax, scanner, printer
To apply with a growing University for the PA Administrative Assistant position, please submit a cover letter, resume, three professional references, and UD employment application, located on our website, to HR@dbq.edu or to the Director of Human Resources, at the University of Dubuque, 2000 University Avenue, Dubuque, IA 52001.