Universal Tank & Fabrication was built from the ground up on the belief that integrity matters. Integrity runs throughout our 43,000 square foot facility making Universal the best fabrication and ASME-certified pressure vessel manufacturer in the country. We believe personally and collectively in the importance of operational excellence, which is why we invest heavily in people, equipment and ongoing process improvements throughout our organization. Honest and trustworthy service consistently bring greater value to our customers in the way of project flexibility, quality, performance, cost minimization, and delivery.
TITLE: MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN
Full-Time —First Shift
Universal Tank & Fabrication is a fast paced, growing company headquarter in Dubuque, Iowa with a second operation located in Houston, Texas. We are actively seeking a full time Maintenance Technician to join our Iowa team on 1st UTF offers a competitive benefit package which includes annual performance reviews, bi-annual performance-based bonuses, free uniforms, as well as attendance, rework, and safety incentives that can amount to $1,100 per year. Join our team and become part of an organization that is as equally committed to our employees as we are our customers.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Pro-actively maintain manufacturing facility inclusive of all of its equipment effectively.
- Successful candidate will have a minimum of 2 years experience in an industrial/manufacturing maintenance environment, or a maintenance related technical degree.
- Possess, or be capable of learning, the skills needed to effectively troubleshoot, and repair mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, and hydraulic problems on industrial equipment and facilities. Candidate must be able to read mechanical and electrical blueprints and have a strong fabrication background.
- Effective communication and time management skills are a must. Candidate must be energetic, have a positive attitude and the ability to work well with others, and with minimal supervision.
- High school diploma or equivalent required; Technical/ Trade School preferred
- Must possess problem solving skills and trouble shooting skills while being a self starter.
- Knowledge of schematics and mechanical drawings.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Must be able to work well with others in a team environment.
- Knowledge in different phases of electrical (i.e., 110v 220v & 480v).
- Knowledge of hand powered tools.
- Skills necessary to be licensed in Dubuque for electrical.
- Excellent electrical and mechanical ability.
- Excellent safety skills and implementation.
- Hydraulic experience a plus.
- Must be willing to fill in wherever necessary.
- Must have a valid driver's license.
Reports To: Plant Manager
|Apply for this Job!|
|Apply in Person:||8025 Chavenelle Rd|
|Apply by Mail:||8025 Chavenelle Rd|
Dubuque, IA 52002
|Alternate Web Site:||Click to visit|
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||1-2 Years|