Quality TechnicianL&M Corrugated Container Corporation, Pleasant Prairie, WI Platteville, WI
L&M operates two Wisconsin plants, located in Platteville and Pleasant Prairie, which run daily routes to Chicago, Milwaukee, Dubuque, and Madison with stops all across Northern Illinois and Southern Wisconsin.
We convert more than 20 million sq. ft. of corrugated packaging every month. Our workforce includes more than 85 trained employees who are passionate about packaging.
At L&M, our customers come first. You’ll find a can-do, whatever-it-takes spirit is part of our corporate culture. We treat every customer, big or small, with utmost respect and concern. Our core values include integrity, honesty, hard work, and respect. We are dedicated to producing a high quality product. And we are committed to continuous improvement and innovation.
Under the direction of the Plant Quality Manager, the Quality Technician will work to improve and/or maintain elements of the Quality Management Systems (QMS) in accordance with ISO Q9001 requirements as well as company protocols. In addition, the Quality Technician will inspect components and assemblies and perform other verification and validation activities, write procedures, perform testing on components and assemblies and assist Plant Quality Manager in completing job assignments.
Responsibilities and Duties
* Perform and document the verification and validation of components and processes in accordance to company procedures and practices. Collect data and and analyze.
* Perform internal audits of the effectiveness of the Quality Management System (QMS) process.
* Responsible for assisting in cost containment/reduction objectives assigned to the Quality department by the Operations Manager.
* Works with the Production, Materials & Manufacturing support departments to ensure the goals set forth for product Quality, Costs and Delivery are achieved to promote Customer Satisfaction.
* Responsible back-up for the Receiving & Inspection activities at the plant location.
* Implement solutions to Corrective and Preventative Actions and ensure that the actions that were taken were effective in resolving root cause.
* Responsible for assisting for the maintenance and review of the Quality documentation programs for the Plant location.
* Other duties as assigned by Plant Quality Manager
Qualifications and Skills
* High School Diploma (or HSED/GED)
* Requires a minimum of three years' experience working in a formal Quality System
* Familiar with corrugated/printing operations
* The ability to attend and successfully acquire external Quality certifications training
* Computer experience with Windows 2007 operating systems and programs (Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access, etc.).
* Knowledge of modern quality & measurement test equipment processes. Root cause analysis skills, problem-solving methods (7 step, 8D, 5Y etc.) statistics and applied math.
* Excellent organizational, analytical and communication skills, an attention to details and creativity.
* The ability to complete necessary job tasks in a timely and professional manner.
* Excellent leadership, personnel relations and team building skills are required. Personal integrity and adherence to process are also required.
* Must be able to wear the necessary and required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) while performing essential functions.
* Must have full capability of body movement, including but not limited to standing, sitting, walking, twisting, kneeling, grasping, and climbing, consistent with our product and processes
- Paid Holidays
Pleasant Prairie, WI
|Years of Experience||2-5 Years|