Civil Project SuperintendentPortzen Construction, Dubuque, IA
This listing has expired
Portzen Construction began in 1983 with several housing rehab projects where they converted old buildings. Portzen Construction was incorporated in May of 1989, changing the name to Portzen Construction, Inc. The company has since developed into a multi-faceted organization. Our capabilities include: complete excavation services for underground utilities, water service, storm and waste water piping, street repairs, and building foundations; concrete services for roads, streetscapes, parking lots and street paving, building foundations and structural concrete; carpentry services for residential, commercial and industrial structures including framing, finishing, cabinetry, siding and roofing; plumbing services for residential, commercial, and industrial projects including process piping for water treatment, waste water treatment plants and aquatic facilities for moderate size cities.
Portzen Construction is currently searching for a full-time Site Superintendent. Portzen Construction, Inc. is located in Dubuque, Iowa.
The site superintendent will lead field operations and work in partnership with the Project Management team to install/build a safe, high quality, profitable project. The position is responsible for all field operations including: safety, quality, productivity, planning & scheduling, equipment management, client relations, team building, risk management, cost estimation, subcontractor management, and execution strategy.
- Five or more years of relevant construction industry experience with superintendent duties.
- Expert knowledge of various areas of construction; to include but not limited to, earthwork, utilities & paving.
- Expert knowledge of the basic OSHA Safety regulations.
- Self-directed, organized, and self-motivated to accomplish goals.
- Excellent teamwork, communication and people skills is a must.
- Proactive and pragmatic thinker, is deliberate and decisive in making decisions.
- Solid time management system and demonstrates excellent organization skills.
- Working knowledge of MS Word, Excel & Outlook.
- Must be willing to travel; overnights will be required.
- Ability to read and decipher plans and specifications.
- Sets, communicates, and enforces production goals and schedules with crews.
- Leads the development of the project schedule with the Project Manager and ensures the team is executing to the plan.
- Fully understands all collective bargaining agreements affecting his/her project and incorporates this knowledge in decision making.
- Knows the key operational details of the subcontract and hold the subcontractors accountable to their agreement and the company’s standards.
- Implements effective cost controls over labor, material, equipment, and other related expenditures.
- Actively develops client relations.
- Leads and enforces the safety policies, procedures and addresses non-compliance among all employees, subcontractors and vendors.
Benefits include health insurance, dental insurance, retirement plan, paid time off and paid holidays.
Interested candidates should email resume and cover letter with wage requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This listing has expired
Building and Grounds
Skilled Labor Trades
|Years of Experience||--|