Northeast Iowa Community College (NICC) serves the transfer, career and technical education needs of our region’s residents, businesses and industries in a district area that encompasses eight counties and approximately 5,000 sq. miles. More than 28,400 students enroll in Business and Community Solutions courses and academic certificate, diploma and degree programs every year. NICC offers associate’s degrees and general education courses that readily transfer to four-year colleges and universities, and state-of-the-art technology and lab areas that prepare students for high demand careers.
The College has two primary campuses in Peosta and Calmar, and seven service locations in Cresco, Dubuque, Manchester, New Hampton, Oelwein and Waukon, that offer convenient amenities, services, educational resources and computer labs for students.
As one of northeast Iowa’s largest employers, the College employs 680 faculty and staff members, and the average tenure of all part-time and full-time faculty is 12 years.
Associate in Applied Science degree (Bachelor’s degree preferred) in welding metal fabrication and manufacturing processes, or a related area of study or occupational area in which the instructor is teaching OR special training and at least 6,000 hours of recent and relevant work experience in the occupational area or related occupational area in which the instructor is teaching. Must be able to meet credentialing requirements of NICC’s Quality Faculty Plan. Must meet physical requirements of position.
1. Teaching theory and skill development in the core welding courses such as:
2. Possess comprehensive knowledge of welding techniques, processes, and metal composition.
3. Possess the knowledge, skills, and ability to organize/develop relevant curriculum, instruct, and evaluate student performance.
4. Teach courses in accordance with objectives of the course outline as set forth by the department in which one is assigned.
5. Meet all scheduled class and office commitments as promptly as possible.
6. Assist in advising and registration.
7. Attend and participate in all scheduled faculty meetings unless excused by the Dean.
8. Emphasize to all classes the importance of prompt and regular class attendance.
9. Keep attendance records on all students to comply with Federal Financial Aid guidelines.
10. Prepare and submit accurate grade reports to the Department Dean as requested.
11. Submit reports on all students who may be in need of counseling.
12. Serve actively on any committees to which appointed.
13. Submit purchase orders for materials needed for instructional assignments.
14. Keep accurate inventories of all equipment and supplies.
15. Promptly report repairs needed for the classroom and equipment.
16. Assist in recruiting students as needed.
17. Assist with the development and support of a cohesive general education program within the department, campus and college district.
18. Demonstrate respect for and sensitivity to a diverse student population.
19. Assist with the development and support of a cohesive general education program within the department, campus, and college district.
20. Perform additional professional responsibilities as assigned.
Eligible for 50% contribution to health, dental, term life, long and term disability insurance. Full contribution to IPERS or TIAA-CREF retirement plan. Paid sick leave pro-rated to percentage of full-time.
|Apply for this Job!|
|Alternate Web Site:||Click to visit|
Skilled Labor Trades
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||--|