Northeast Iowa Community College (NICC) serves the transfer, career and technical education needs of our region’s residents, businesses and industries in a district area that encompasses eight counties and approximately 5,000 sq. miles. More than 28,400 students enroll in Business and Community Solutions courses and academic certificate, diploma and degree programs every year. NICC offers associate’s degrees and general education courses that readily transfer to four-year colleges and universities, and state-of-the-art technology and lab areas that prepare students for high demand careers.
The College has two primary campuses in Peosta and Calmar, and seven service locations in Cresco, Dubuque, Manchester, New Hampton, Oelwein and Waukon, that offer convenient amenities, services, educational resources and computer labs for students.
As one of northeast Iowa’s largest employers, the College employs 680 faculty and staff members, and the average tenure of all part-time and full-time faculty is 12 years.
The tasks listed below are those that represent the majority of the time spent working in this position. Management may assign additional tasks related to the type of work of the class as necessary.
- Track NECAS financials on a monthly basis
- Help prepare NECAS Board packets before meetings, responsible for Board Secretary support
- Marketing/promotional development – requests, mail lists, social media requests
- Package, invoice, and ship out orders for the Farm First Aid Kits, and other safety products
- Arrange the food and beverages for NECAS programs and assist as needed.
- Follow LERN and Lumens processes
- Issue statements and receipt payments pertaining to NECAS programs.
- Monitor accounts receivable.
- Monitor inventory and order supplies.
- Work with program managers to operationalize and define logistics of programming.
- Develop organizational communication tools to communicate with presenters and participants before and after programming.
- Secure room arrangements
- Meet and greet customers and presenters the day of the class
- Post class, update Lumens as related to instructor pay and financials
- Working with the bookkeeper to prepare requisitions or utilize P-Card to order necessary supplies and/or equipment.
- Address day to day class logistics including class set ups, room assignments, time/day changes.
- Office management of staff processes and procedures
- Coordinate and assist in implementing National Marketing Campaigns including Social media, website, radio
- Scheduling outside of district rescue programs for instructors including travel arrangements
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Qualified through education and experience
- Strong interpersonal skills; personal flexibility and creativity; demonstrated management and/or community organizing experience; excellent public relations skills
- Candidate should possess excellent communication skills, ability to handle multiple assignments, enjoy working in a fast paced environment, and have an outgoing, enthusiastic, and positive personality.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, and electronic communication.
- Flexibility in work hours and willingness to travel.
- Excellent organization, detail, and customer service skills are essential.
|Apply for this Job!|
|Alternate Web Site:||Click to visit|
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||--|