Flexsteel Industries, Inc. is a seating specialist with more than 116 years of experience creating fine upholstered furniture for residential, commercial and vehicle installations.
With corporate headquarters in Dubuque, Iowa, Flexsteel encompasses a nation-wide network of manufacturing facilities with operations in Dublin, Georgia; Harrison, Arkansas; Louisville, Kentucky; Riverside, California; and Starkville, Mississippi. More than 1750 associates are employed at Flexsteel facilities, with 350 associates employed in Dubuque.
Flexsteel is named for the unique flexible blue steel seat spring which offers durability and comfort, backed by one of the furniture industry's few lifetime limited warranties.
For more information, visit http://www.Flexsteel.com.
The Design Engineer will be directly involved in all stages of New Product Introduction (NPI) projects from concept generation to product launch. This position will also provide engineering support for the maintenance or improvement of previously developed product lines. The primary responsibilities of the Design Engineer will include but are not limited to: designing, prototyping, and validating new products, specifying materials and manufacturing processes for new or existing designs, and collaborating with other departments to meet project goals and objectives.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Design new components and assemblies used in the manufacture of furniture products;
- Specify materials and manufacturing processes for new or existing designs;
- Create drawings and other product documentation for use by PD&E, Manufacturing, Quality, Marketing, and Merchandising;
- Validate designs using engineering calculations or analysis software;
- Prototype and trial new product designs or improvements;
- Assist development team in meeting project goals at cost targets and on time;
- Conduct or coordinate product testing to ensure compliance with internal and industry quality standards;
- Understand and stay informed with Intellectual Property (IP) in the furniture industry;
- Enter and maintain product data in Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system as needed;
- Process Engineering Change Requests (ECRs) as assigned in a timely manner;
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor;
- Up to 15% domestic/international travel required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, or related field from an accredited institution;
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook;
- Two (2) or more years of solid modeling experience using 3D CAD;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to collaborate with other departments;
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Four (4) or more years of work experience in a related field;
- Experience working in the furniture industry;
- Experience using SolidWorks (3D CAD);
- Project management experience while working in a cross-functional team.
Flexsteel Industries, Inc. offers a competitive salary, along with an excellent full-time benefits package, paid holidays, a friendly, supportive work environment, Flexsteel furniture discounts, and professional growth opportunities. EOE M/F/H/V
Please apply online at http://www.flexsteel.com/about-us/careers
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||1-2 Years|