Assistant Director of the Bridge ProgramUniversity of Dubuque, Dubuque, IA
This listing has expired
About the University of Dubuque
The University of Dubuque is a private, Presbyterian, coeducational, professional university with a foundation in the liberal arts. Our commitment is to nurturing the mind, body, and spirit as well as encouraging students to explore their fullest potential, is part of a rich Christian identity that dates back to the University's founding in 1852. Our welcoming interfaith community of 2000 students attracts young men and women from across the country and around the globe who seek the knowledge and the skills to make a difference in our ever-changing world. Within a values and faith base, we offer you an array of perspectives and broad exposure to our truly global society. The University comprises the undergraduate college, the graduate school, and the theological seminary.
Mission and Vision
The University of Dubuque is a private university offering undergraduate, graduate, and theological seminary degrees, and other educational opportunities with the intention of educating and forming the whole person. The University is comprised of individuals from the region, our nation, and the world.
As a community, the University practices its Christian commitments by educating students, pursuing excellence in scholarship, challenging students to live lives of worth and purpose, and preparing students for service to the church and the world.
Therefore, the University of Dubuque is committed to:
- A hospitable Christian environment which respects other faith traditions;
- Relationships which encourage intellectual, spiritual, and moral development;
- Excellence in academic inquiry and professional preparation;
- A diverse and equitable community where Christian love is practiced;
- Stewardship of all God’s human and natural resources;
- Zeal for life-long learning and service.
The University of Dubuque is a growing University who is seeking a full-time Assistant Director of the Bridge Program. This 10-month staff position would begin August 1, 2018.
- Assist the Director in coordinating all facets of the program
- Assist in student registration and orientation
- Teach sections of the College Success course and the Personal Empowerment course
- Supervise students in the Bridge Lab
- Communicate and collaborate with other instructors
- Work individually with students to solve problems
- Serve as an advisor for students in the Bridge program
- Any other duties as assigned
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree, Master’s preferred
- Certification as an instructor for Personal Empowerment
- Experience teaching diverse populations such at-risk students, special needs students, and college level students
- Experience working with first-year students and retention initiatives in higher education
- Excellent interpersonal skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work on multiple tasks simultaneously, ensuring follow-through on all phases to completion
To apply with a growing University for the Assistant Director of the Bridge Program position, please submit a cover letter, resume, three professional references, and UD employment application, located on our website, to HR@dbq.edu or to the Director of Human Resources, at the University of Dubuque, 2000 University Avenue, Dubuque, IA 52001.
This listing has expired
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||--|