HistotechnicianUnited Clinical Laboratories, Dubuque, IA
This listing has expired
United Clinical Laboratories (UCL) is a medical laboratory providing routine, emergency and reference laboratory services to Dubuque's major health care providers and people residing within a 50-mile radius.
UCL is recognized both locally and nationally for it's comittment to quality and it's innovative use of resources and technology.
UCL is a for-profit business venture owned by Mercy Hospital, Finley Hospital, and Pathology Associates. The three owners created UCL in 1986 in anticipation of the current trends now seen in the health care industry. Pathology Associates has seven board-certified pathologists located at Mercy and Finley Hospitals. They provide clinical laboratory consultation to patients and physicians in the Tri-State area 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
UCL operates at five (5) sites (Mercy Medical Center - Dubuque, Mercy Medical Center - Dyersville, Unity Point Health - Finley Hospital, Medical Associates - Maquoketa, and Cathedral Square) fulfilling its mission of providing timely, accurate, laboratory results using cost effective production methods.
UCL has 160 well-trained, highly skilled, staff members, working both full and part time. Employment opportunities at UCL are wide-ranged including the traditional laboratory positions: medical technologists, medical laboratory technicians, cytotechnologists, histotechnicians and phlebotomists. UCL also offers many non-traditional laboratory careers including: information technology, human resources management, materials management, accounting, and medical billing.
UCL has a strong committment to continuing education including tuition reimbursement and support for transition from one position to another.
High School diploma and successful completion of a certified Histology Program.
Board Certified/Eligible in Histology as Histotechnician (HT, ASCP) or Histotechnologist (HTL, ASCP).
- Monday-Friday schedule
- Responsible for the daily workload including processing, embedding, cutting, and coverslipping of tissue slides, performing cytologic slide preparation, performing routine, IHC and special stains and the appropriate Quality Control, operating and maintaining all histology and cytology equipment.
- Follows operational procedures and performs scheduled preventative maintenance.
- Performs basic troubleshooting duties and involves the Instrument Specialists when needed. Utilizes manufacturers technical support under the direction of the coordinator.
- Documents daily workload and slide turnaround time to ensure timely delivery of slides to the pathologists.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, and participating in professional societies.
- Assists in maintaining current written policy and procedure manuals, which are reviewed and revised on a yearly basis.
- Assists in training new personnel.
To apply: send resume and coverletter to HR Specialist Amanda Wadas at email@example.com
This listing has expired
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||--|