Human Resources GeneralistSaputo Cheese USA - Belmont (formerly Montchevre), Belmont, WI
POSITION TITLE: Human Resources Generalist
REPORTS TO: Human Resources Manager
LOCATION: Belmont, WI
POSITION SUMMARY: The Human Resources Generalist serves as a vital link between the plant’s team members, management, and external service groups; driving excellence in all facets of the human resources function. This position performs a variety of key activities within the organization through the following job functions:
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Assisting the HR manager in all aspects of the plant’s human resources function, including: internal and external recruitment, HR policy and program administration, employee relations and retention efforts, payroll, safety, training and development, performance management, compensation and benefits, worker’s compensation, policy development, interpretation and consistent application.
- Develop and maintain solid working relationships with individuals at all levels.
- Responsible for plant recruitment processes for hourly positions, to include: evaluation of staffing needs, development of recruitment strategies based on market trends, sourcing, screening, interviewing and selection of qualified candidates, reference checks/background checks, job offers and new hire orientation.
- Assist in the management of payroll, benefits & compensation, workers’ compensation, OSHA record keeping and safety programs, leaves of absence and unemployment.
- Assist the HR Manager with the plant’s health and safety programs and efforts (i.e. facility compliance, plant safety performance and improvement opportunities, safety training, SDS record maintenance, safety teams, initiatives and celebratory events); participating in various health and safety trainings to stay current with industry standards.
- Maintain regular floor presence (all shifts) and direct contact with employees and supervisors to monitor the employee environment and assist with any employee relations concerns.
- Accurately maintain plant training records; reporting to management any training gaps or required training(s) needed by staff.
- Plan and coordinate various employee functions and recognition activities (i.e. summer BBQ, recognition events, holiday parties, plant milestone celebrations, etc.).
- Positively represent Saputo at all times. Adhere to and promote the Saputo Code of Ethics and actively apply the Saputo Values.
- Perform additional miscellaneous duties and responsibilities as required.
- Minimum 1 -3 years of HR and recruiting experience. Payroll experience a plus. Bilingual in both English and Spanish preferred.
- Ability to build and maintain strong, positive relationships and influence and guide others.
- Strong leadership, communication, presentation, problem solving, organization and time management skills. Ability to remain objective, fair and consistent when making HR decisions.
- High degree of tact, diplomacy and discretion
- Must have current knowledge of legal requirements for human resources, labor and safety and the ability to maintain such knowledge in the future.
- Ability to remain approachable and accessible to employees on all shifts, and work some weekends and holidays as needed. Ability to travel as required.
- Proficient in HRIS and Microsoft Office; Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
|Apply for this Job!|
|Apply in Person:||336 Penn Street|
|Alternate Web Site:||Click to visit|