MAINTENANCE TECHNICIANSaputo Cheese USA - Belmont (formerly Montchevre), Belmont, WI
POSITION TITLE: MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN
REPORTS TO: MAINTENANCE MANAGER
LOCATION: BELMONT, WI
NUMBER OF POSITIONS: TWO
SHIFT: 1 – 2ND SHIFT 1 – 3RD SHIFT
START DATE: IMMEDIATE
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Perform highly diversified duties to install and maintain production machines and the plant facility’s equipment.
- Provide emergency/unscheduled repairs of production equipment during production and performs scheduled maintenance repairs of production equipment during machine service (including but not limited to, packaging machines, vibrating tables, conveyors, stuffers, process pumps and piping, HVAC, electrical circuits both high and low voltage, box machines, garbage/cardboard compactors, automatic doors, and CIP systems.)
- Troubleshoot and perform repairs on equipment, to include, mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, and hydraulic systems.
- Read and interpret equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service.
- Diagnose problems, replace or repair part, test and make adjustments.
- Solid knowledge and ability to repair single and three phase electrical, and components.
- Perform regular preventative maintenance on machines, equipment, and plant facilities.
- Perform a variety of plumbing maintenance and carpentry functions.
- Use a variety of hand and power tools, electric meters, and material handling equipment in performing duties.
- Detect faulty operations, material or unusual situations, and report to the proper management.
- Read, understand, and use blueprints, schematics, diagrams, or technical orders to complete repairs on machine PLC’s, wiring, and components without direct supervision.
- Promote Good Manufacturing Practices in order to ensure the quality and integrity of product by providing quality training and enforcing GMP’s at all times.
- Promote safety programs and policies in order to reduce employee accidents and injuries by providing safety training and enforcing safety practices at all times. This includes playing an active part of a safety team.
- Perform miscellaneous duties and responsibilities as required.
- 2+ years’ experience in the maintenance field; preferably in a manufacturing setting.
- Position will require standing for long periods of time.
- Must possess a high attention to detail and produce quality, accurate work and quickly detect and correct errors.
- Ability to push, pull, lift, and carry 75 pounds.
- Ability to work flexible hours, weekends, and holidays.
- Strong working knowledge of computer programs (i.e. Excel, Word, etc.)
- Must be self-motivated with the ability to work under minimal supervision.
- Values that align with the Saputo culture: Efficiency through Simplicity, Family Environment, Ownership and Commitment, Hands On Approach, Passion.
|Apply for this Job!|
|Apply in Person:||336 Penn Street|
|Alternate Web Site:||Click to visit|