Lead Community Living Instructor (NEW WAGE INCREASE)Area Residential Care, Dubuque, IA
This listing has expired
Area Residential Care is a private, non-profit corporation founded in 1968 and headquartered in Dubuque, IA. Area Residential Care serves people with intellectual disabilities and other developmental disabilities. Several residential options are offered to meet individual needs as well as vocational programs that create opportunities for people with disabilities to participate in the workforce. Services are primarily provided to residents of Dubuque, Jackson, Delaware, Clayton, and Jones counties in Iowa. Area Residential Care serves 250+ individuals and employs over 200 staff members.
MISSION STATEMENT It is the mission of Area Residential Care to empower people with intellectual disabilities to achieve their highest quality of life.
VALUE STATEMENTS Area Residential Care is committed to values that support its mission statement
- Oversees the daily schedules and program activities of five to seven individuals served in one home, as well as everyday home operation (cooking, cleaning, laundry, budgeting, medical, etc).
- Trains, instructs, and supervises individuals with intellectual and sometimes physical disabilities in the skills and behaviors necessary to live in a home and community setting.
- Uses a variety of techniques to modify behavior within the home and community, including physical restraint in emergency situations.
- Provides instruction and direction to staff assigned to the home, holding them accountable for completing their responsibilities including programming, documentation, etc.
- Constantly monitors the safety conditions in each individual’s environment.
- Completes emergency drills and environmental safety inspections according to agency timelines.
- Passes medications to individuals served after completing agency sponsored training.
- Is flexible to adjust schedule to accommodate individuals’ concerns, needs, schedules, meetings, and doctor appointments.
- Prepares assessments and other paperwork for team planning meetings and participates in those meetings as assigned.
- Maintains positive relationships and effective communication with agency staff, members of the community, service providers, and individuals.
- Must be able to transport individuals served or agency products to various locations in agency owned vehicles and/or personal vehicle
- High school diploma/G.E.D.
- Minimum 1 year relevant work experience
- Ability to comprehend basic medical and life-skill programs
- Basic computer ability to type and process notes
- Ability to lift 20lbs and occasionally lift up to 50lbs
- Must be able to physically prompt, escort, and physically restrain individuals served
- Valid driver’s license and a satisfactory driving record required for most positions
- Requires certification for passing medications upon completion of agency sponsored training
- Successful clearance of criminal background check and pre-employment drug screen
- Health, Life, Dental and Vision Insurances
- 401k with employer contribution and match
- Accrued disability time
- Paid Time Off after 90 days
- Paid training
- Advancement opportunities
- Employee Referral Program
- An opportunity to make a positive, lasting impact every day in a fun and upbeat family work environment!
Hours/Days of Work and Working Conditions:
Second shift 3-11pm. Positions also include weekend days on an every other weekend rotation. Hours may be occasionally adjusted to accommodate individual’s concerns, needs, schedules, meetings, and doctor appointments. Work is in a home and community setting.
Area Residential Care is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)
This listing has expired
Child Care/Day Care/Personal Care
Human and Social Services
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||1-2 Years|