Director of Safety - AviationColony Brands, Inc., Janesville, WI
This listing has expired
As a Safety Director of SC Aviation, Inc., you’ll report to the President of SC Aviation and be responsible for understanding the corporate safety goals and creating the process to ensure compliance. You’ll keep abreast of industry best practices, trends, regulations, and protocols related to Aviation Safety Management Systems, Emergency Response Plans, Internal evaluation Programs (quality and safety assurance), and managing a positive safety culture.
You’ll also be responsible for:
• Responsible for developing and maintaining company Safety Management System
• Coordinates all safety administration functions in a timely manner
• Researches, plans, organizes and conducts safety programs and seminars
• Develops, administers, and evaluates new safety program criteria to determine program value to the company and employees
• Serves as a liaison to external auditors representing the safety program
• Conducts external onsite audits with company vendors to ensure compliance with company safety/quality standards
What It Takes
We need an experienced, pro-active leader with multifunctional experience. This person must possess professional level communication skills and thrive in a dynamic, cross-functional, collaborative team environment. Ideally you will have a Bachelor’s degree in Aviation, Business, Management, Human Factors, Commercial or ATP Pilot Certificate (preferred). Certified Flight/Ground Instructor (helpful).
In addition, we are looking for:
• Superior analytical and problem-solving skills
• A solution-oriented and customer-focused demeanor
• Demonstrated ability to lead people and achieve positive results through others
• Demonstrated analytical, problem-solving, and change management skills
• Exceptional negotiation and conflict management skills
• Strong organizational and project management skills
• PC/Systems proficiency
• Superior track record of previous safety training and conducting seminars; which some travel will be required
In return, you’ll have the opportunity to positively impact a stable, diverse, people-oriented company in business in Janesville, Wisconsin. SC Aviation is not just about growing our profits – We are about giving our employees the opportunity for growth and providing a better place to live and work.