PRODUCTION SUPERVISORSSaputo Cheese USA - Belmont (formerly Montchevre), Belmont, WI
POSITION TITLE: PRODUCTION SUPERVISOR
REPORTS TO: PRODUCTION MANAGER
LOCATION: BELMONT, WI
NUMBER OF POSITIONS: TWO
SHIFT: 1 – 2ND SHIFT 1 – 3RD SHIFT
START DATE: IMMEDIATE
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Effectively monitor and maintain cost, quality and environment of the department.
- Supervise employees to meet performance and behavioral expectations by providing strong leadership, decision-making ability, and performance coaching and counseling.
- Coordinate and monitor scheduling of the personnel to ensure proper staffing to meet short and long term needs.
- Ensure that production and packaging requirements are fulfilled according to schedule.
- Ensure proper set-up of the process, to include equipment and product schedule.
- Promote safety programs and policies in order to reduce employee accidents and injuries by providing safety training and enforcing safety practices at all times. This includes playing an active part of a safety team.
- Promote Good Manufacturing Practices in order to ensure the quality and integrity of product by providing quality training and enforcing GMP’s at all times.
- Coordinate and conduct employee training (i.e. job, safety, etc.) and monitor work performance.
- Communicate effectively with department, plant and company personnel to ensure smooth operation of the process. Manage major events to reduce product loss, customer shortages, and potential extraneous from reaching customer.
- Complete all assigned paperwork, including production/packaging records, Master Cleaning Sanitation Lists, schedules, accident reports and investigations, and any other paperwork.
- Perform miscellaneous duties and responsibilities as required.
- Prefer a Degree in Business, Operations Management, or a similar field or equivalent experience in the cheese/dairy industry.
- Experience in a supervisory/leadership role is preferred. (Preferably in the dairy industry).
- Ability to evaluate production/packaging processes and determine the most efficient method of accomplishing goals.
- Ability to lead, influence and inspire people, and promote quality, safety, and teamwork.
- Ability to identify, define, and solve problems.
- Ability to evaluate and develop employees to better utilize the available work force.
- Ability to work flexible hours, weekends, and holidays.
- Strong working knowledge of computer programs (i.e. Excel, Word, etc.)
- Strong time management, communication, and organizational skills.
- Values that align with the Saputo culture: Efficiency through Simplicity, Family Environment, Ownership and Commitment, Hands On Approach, Passion.
|Apply for this Job!|
|Apply in Person:||336 Penn Street|
|Alternate Web Site:||Click to visit|