Wastewater Pretreatment SpecialistSaputo Cheese USA - Belmont (formerly Montchevre), Belmont, WI
POSITION TITLE: Wastewater Pretreatment Specialist
REPORTS TO: Maintenance Manager
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Operates and maintains pumps, blowers, chemical feed equipment, DAFs, and other related equipment.
- Monitors control panels and adjusts valves and gates manually or by remote control to regulate the flow of wastewater.
- Observes variations in operating conditions and interprets meter and gauge readings and test results to determine load requirements.
- Starts and stops pumps, engines, and generators to control flow of wastewater through filtering, settling, aeration, and sludge digestion processes.
- Coordinate with outside vendors for hauling/disposal of sludge and/or wastewater as needed.
- Make adjustments to WW pretreatment plant operation as required to include low adjustments, chemical additions, equipment adjustments, motor speeds, and various set points on plant network.
- Collect daily samples, records daily flows, and conducts process control tests.
- Conduct sampling and monitoring and report all sampling results to the Village as required by the Industrial Wastewater Discharge Permit.
- Coordinate certified lab sampling and analysis and report such analysis as required by the WPDES permit.
- Performs QA/QC tests according to DNR specifications.
- Performs routine maintenance and preventative maintenance on WW treatment equipment and machinery as needed.
- Promote Good Manufacturing Practices in order to ensure the quality and integrity of product by providing quality training and enforcing GMP’s at all times.
- Promote safety programs and policies in order to reduce employee accidents and injuries by providing safety training and enforcing safety practices at all times.
- Perform miscellaneous duties and responsibilities as required.
- Associates degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two year college or technical school and or 3-6 years of related experience and/or training.
- Forklift certification and/or experience operating a forklift.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Must be able to push/pull/lift/carry 50lbs.
- Must be organized with the ability to work efficiently with minimal supervision.
- Must be willing to work overtime and weekends when necessary.
|Apply for this Job!|
|Apply in Person:||336 Penn Street|
|Alternate Web Site:||Click to visit|
Skilled Labor Trades
|Years of Experience||--|