Personal Assistants-SUMMER TEMP POSITIONS!Hills & Dales, Dubuque, IA
This listing has expired
Hills & Dales, a not-for-profit human services organization provides services to children and young adults with severe and profound mental and physical disabilities. It has always been the primary focus to serve people with significant medical needs. Hills & Dales values a quality of life that enhances dignity, upholds rights and encourages choices by the individual.
"It is our work, guided by our mission of building meaningful lives to serve our stakeholders; including residents and clients, their families, employees and society at large. We strive to make a positive difference in the quality of life of each individual we support."
Marilyn Althoff, Chief Executive Officer
The Personal Assistant is responsible for helping to build meaningful lives for the adults we serve and for enhancing the quality of their lives. This is accomplished through the implementation of person-centered planning, individual goals, promoting the development of life skills, community integration & self-assuring experiences in a manner that is consistent with the policies and procedures of Hills and Dales.
SOME OF THE WORK TASKS INCLUDE:
- Personal cares of clients.
- Provides physical supports for clients, while supporting independence
- Assists, supports and accompany clients for appointments and various activities such as community events, spiritual enrichment activities, church services, shopping, doctor appointments, etc.
- Advocates & promotes the dignity of the individuals we serve.
- Assures the confidentiality of all data, including client, employee and operations data. Complies with HIPAA privacy and security standards as identified in the agency policy.
- Performs tasks that are assigned by the supervisor.
- Free of a conviction or prior employment history of child or resident abuse or dependent adult abuse.
- Eighteen years of age or older.
- High school diploma or equivalent, is preferred, but not required.
- Valid driver’s license with proof of insurance, if required.
- One year of direct support experience in a formal support provision setting and/or CNA preferred.
- Within 6 months of employment must become certified in MANDT (if required), CPR/First Aide & maintain these certifications.
- Within 6 months of employment complete medication manager certification and maintain such certification.
This listing has expired
Child Care/Day Care/Personal Care
Human and Social Services
|Years of Experience||--|