Information Technology (IT) InternMcGraw-Hill Education, Dubuque, IA
This listing has expired
At McGraw-Hill Education, we believe that our contribution to unlocking a brighter future lies within the application of our deep understanding of how learning happens and how the mind develops. It exists where the science of learning meets the art of teaching.
Educators have been and always will be at the core of the learning experience. The solutions we develop help educators impart their knowledge to students more efficiently. We believe that harnessing technology can enhance learning inside and outside of the classroom and deepen the connections between students and teachers to empower greater success.
By partnering with educators around the globe, our learning engineers, content developers and pedagogical experts are developing increasingly open learning ecosystems that are proven to improve pass rates, elevate grades and increase engagement for each individual learner while improving outcomes for all.
Why? Because learning changes everything.
We have an opportunity for an IT Intern in our Dubuque, IA office to join our Global Technology Solutions team. This opportunity is intended for candidates interested in developing a broad range of skills and hands-on experience with a desire for moving into a career in the field of Information Technology.
- Work in a flexible, collaborative environment to provide technology solutions to our customers
- Partner across internal teams to drive successful completion of a variety of assigned tasks
- Interface with Architects, Engineers, DBA's, and other GTS staff to support all project activities
- Evaluate current processes and procedure to identify areas that require improvement
- Ensure delivered solutions align with enterprise product and implementation standards
- Motivated to learn new technologies
- Linux, Unix, Windows Operating Systems
- Oracle, MySQL, MS SQL Databases
- Networking and Security Concepts
- Apache, IIS, WebLogic, Tomcat Middleware
- Server Virtualization, Storage, and Backup
- Automation / Configuration Management
- Clustering, Load Balancing, High Availability
- Disaster Recovery and Replication
- Application Support and Monitoring
- Working towards a Bachelor or Associate degree in Computer Science / Information Systems / Engineering
- Must have completed at least 2 semesters of college or university curriculum with a GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Ability to manage time and prioritize many tasks in a fast-paced work environment
- Results-oriented with a desire to learn and apply new concepts quickly
- Self-starter with a willingness to understand task objectives and not just execute
- Ability to work independently and drive assigned tasks to completion
- Highly-motivated with strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Invite collaboration across the team by sharing knowledge and ideas
- Strive to be prepared, organized, dependable, prompt, and professional
- Ability to build and maintain positive working relationships
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
Why work for McGraw-Hill Education? You'll have the opportunity to unlock your potential, both professional and personally. Click here to learn more!