Mail Order Pharmacy Technician - 1st Shift; Monday-FridayMedOne Pharmacy Benefits, Dubuque, IA
This listing has expired
MedOne Healthcare Systems is a national, full-service transparent pharmacy benefit administrator headquartered in Dubuque, Iowa and licensed as a third-party administrator (TPA) by the State of Iowa.
We are an innovative and fast-paced company looking for employees interested in working for a business where they can make a difference. MedOne is committed to building solutions with the most current technologies available in the market place. We operate in a fast-growing industry that supports significant business growth and as a result, wonderful growth opportunities for our employees.
The ideal candidate will be a self-starter, who is detail-oriented and accurate in their day-to-day work. This candidate should be culture-focused, bringing enthusiasm to the office and offering up new ideas and programs. This candidate should also have experience with a variety of office software (email tools, spreadsheets and databases).
Essential Job Functions
- Able to verify patient information on prescription is complete and accurate
- Enters patient and prescription into pharmacy software system, prepares prescription, labels container, price and file the prescription to be checked by the pharmacist before it is shipped to the patient
- Establish and maintain patient files
- Coordinate the scheduling of patient medication delivery
- Prepare and file insurance claims
- Stock and inventory prescription medication and pharmacy supplies
- Works well in a team environment
- Supports operations of MedOne Clinical Services as needed
- Assists and supports members of MedOne Healthcare Systems
- Portrays the company in a positive image
- Required to abide by all rules, regulations and policies of the employer
- Full time, (greater than 30 hours per week), non-exempt
Required Experience & Skills
- Must be registered with the state and certified by the Pharmacy Technician Certification Board
- Employee must be in good standing with the state board and the Pharmacy Technician Certification Board
- Certification needs to be current and renewed as necessary
- Must be detail oriented and precise
- Must have excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal skills
- Strong customer service and teamwork skills
- Must be detail oriented, able to work independently, meets deadlines, establish priorities, and be flexible.
- Must be able to stand/sit for long periods of time within limited space
- Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds
- Ability to work cooperatively with MedOne Pharmacy Services and MedOne Healthcare Systems staff
Required Licenses or Certification
- Applicable state registration
- Pharmacy Certification
Continuing Education requirements
- Twenty hours (one hour must be regarding law) of CE must be completed every two years for certification renewal
- As needed for various certifications and licenses
Relevance for Compliance with ADA
- None at this time
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)
This listing has expired
|Years of Experience||1-2 Years|