Surgery ManagerGrant Regional Health Center, Lancaster, WI
This listing has expired
Grant Regional Health Center is a critical access hospital and clinic located in Lancaster Wisconsin. We are a progressive and growing facility! Our newly opened 47,800 square foot expansion showcases a new med/surg department, new space for our growing multi-specialty clinic, state-of-the art radiology department with in-house MRI, expanded emergency department with enclosed ambulance garage and a rooftop heliport.
Our expanded surgery department features two updated, modern operating rooms, pre- and post-surgical areas, teaching consultation room, as well as dedicated entrance and waiting area. Our Physicians, anesthesia and surgery staff are committed to providing our patients an exceptional surgical experience. They strive to promote a culture-driven environment of excellence, quality, compassion and dignity.
Please join us to experience the difference. Other enhancements include a new main entrance with amenities such as our gift shop, Perfect Blend coffee shop, healing garden, history and donor recognition wall and additional parking for staff and patients. An additional 39,000 square feet of renovated space wraps up the construction project and symbolizes our commitment to the patient-centered model of care.
We are honored to have achieved 5 Star Rating in Patient Experience for 2 years in a row! That designation puts us in the top 6% of hospitals in the nation! We have also recently achieved Overall 5 Star Rating
We are located in BEAUTIFUL, scenic, and peaceful Southwest Wisconsin. The rolling hills offer lots of opportunity for the sports enthusiast (biking, hiking, ATV/UTV trails, running/walking). The Mississippi is literally 15 minutes from our hospital and offers fantastic boating, kayaking, water skiing, jet skiing and amazing fishing too! Ski resorts within 30 minutes of our facility. Madison WI is 1.5 hours, Dubuque IA is 30 minutes, Chicago IL is 3.5 hours.....we're in the heart of the Tri-States!
This job is responsible for direct and indirect patient care and day-to-day operations of the Surgery department functions in accordance with professional standards, strategic business objectives and applicable regulatory requirements. Manages department activities through subordinate management staff, and has 24-hour administrative authority and accountability for the departments.
The Surgery Manager duties include:
- Ensuring the highest level of surgical care to improve patient outcomes
- Working closely with the Medical Director and other hospital department managers to integrate/coordinate/evaluate all phases of patient care
- Administering approved department budgets
- Responsible for hiring, scheduling, and evaluating performance of Surgery staff
- Plans and coordinates with surgeons, vendors and others to ensure the proper staffing, equipment, instruments, and supplies are available for surgical cases
- Supervises the procurement of equipment and supplies, including budgeting for capital equipment and submitting requisitions for instrument and capital purchases
- Coordinates with Biomed, Facilities Management, and vendors/contractors to assure that medical equipment is maintained and repaired
- Prepares and submits data and reports that measure/monitor quality, efficiency, productivity, and utilization of the Surgery Department
- Assures that staff attend required orientation and training and maintain required licensure and certification
- Checks operating schedule in advance and makes necessary corrections
- Communicates closely with other managers regarding surgery schedule and related needs
- Works closely with Administration to review and revise current department and facility policies, procedures, and orientation materials, reviewing current documents and practices against accreditation, regulatory, and professional organization standards and recommendations
- Ensures that instruments are sterilized properly and sterile instruments and supplies are stored properly
- Implements strategies to optimize surgeon and patient satisfaction and employee engagement, promoting an environment of harmony and cooperation
- Reviews variance reports filed by staff members. Completes investigation and related documentation
- Communicates with staff, peers, administration, physicians, patients and families in an open, direct, timely and honest manner
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing, Healthcare, Business, Public Administration, Management or related field
- Current license as an RN in the state of Wisconsin with Surgical experience and ability to act as a Circulator as needed
- Knowledge of central sterile and decontamination processes as well as the manufacturer's instruction for use (IFU)
- Knowledge of current uses of technology in business and healthcare field required
- Knowledge of The Joint Commission and AORN recommendations required
- Basic Life Support, Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS), Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS), and Basic 12 Lead/EKG certification required or completed within one year
- Proficiency in managing conflict in stressful conditions
- Demonstrated excellent communication skills
- Previous Management or Supervisory experience
- Team building, systems thinking, complex problem solving, negotiating and influencing, change and conflict management, facilitation of quality improvement process, evaluation of quality information, coaching and mentoring, strategic planning, business strategy development, management of large and complex projects
- Certified Nurse of Operating Room (CNOR) Certification
HOW TO APPLY:
External applicants: apply online at www.grantregional.com and attach a current resume. Interviews will begin as qualified applicants are received.
This listing has expired
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||2-5 Years|