ER Technician - part-time every third weekend 9am - 9 pmGrant Regional Health Center, Lancaster, WI
This listing has expired
Grant Regional Health Center is a critical access hospital and clinic located in Lancaster WI. We are a progressive and growing facility ready to break ground with an expansion to better meet the needs of the patients we serve in our service area. We are fortunate to have an exceptional staff of medical providers. With our hearts and minds we area touching lives!
The Emergency Room Technician (ER Tech) is responsible to provide supportive services to the nursing staff and medical provider under the direct supervision of the ER nurse. Direct supervision is defined as “the immediate availability to continually coordinate, direct and inspect firsthand the procedure of another”. The technician organizes his/her time in order to maximize delivery of delegated functions within the specified work period. The ER Tech will also assist in providing clerical support for the RN and medical provider.
1) Obtains and records vital signs, assists in preparing patients for examinations as needed. Observes symptoms, reactions and changes in the patient’s condition and reports such to the ER nurse, physician or provider. Collects subjective data and assists with objective data collection in an efficient, systematic and thorough manner, utilizing appropriate GRHC forms and assessment tools. Such data will be documented and communicated to the nursing and medical staff in a clear and concise manner. Works closely with physicians, other departments and patients
2) Participates in health care planning to meet the total needs of patients. Assists in admission, transfer and discharge process of the ER patient utilizing a multidisciplinary approach to patient care
3) Documents in the patient record. Utilizes accepted charting practices to include approved abbreviations and legible handwriting (when appropriate)
4) Performs CPR and is able to help out in a code situation anywhere in the organization. Must also be able to record accurate information during a code. Responds appropriately to other emergencies within the hospital
5) Assists with ensuring there is an appropriate level of inventory and equipment to meet the needs of the daily operations of the department
6) Assists with departmental housekeeping tasks as needed as well as cleaning and care of equipment
7) Provides quality care to all patients to ensure physical and emotional comfort while assuring a safe, therapeutic environment for patients, families, visitors and staff
8) Performs clerical duties including order entry and answering phones
9) Other duties as assigned
*Licensed EMT status in State of WI; EMT-IT preferred. Fulfills requirements to maintain current EMS certification
*Current CPR certification
*Certified nursing assistant (CNA) in State of WI would be a plus
HOW TO APPLY:
External applicants: Apply on-line at www.grantregional.com as soon as possible. Interviews will begin as qualified applicants are received.