Fleet Support Specialist, Nights/WeekendsHirschbach Motor Lines, Inc., DUBUQUE, IA
This listing has expired
Hirschbach Motor Lines is a refrigerated carrier established in 1935. Proudly family owned, Hirschbach's refrigerated fleet is among the newest, most fuel efficient, and environmentally friendly in the trucking industry. We specialize in delivering fresh and frozen products across the United States along with offering experience in handling dry goods. Hirschbach is a company built on strong relationships with our family of customers, drivers, employees, vendors, and partner carries. We welcome you to join our family!
Watch our latest video!
Full-time and Flexible, Part-time Schedules are available.
Create your own schedule!
Requires 25-30 hours/week on evenings and weekends.
Extended Coverage oversees operations of drivers who are dispatched from Hirschbach terminals. Keeping operations running smoothly, Extended Coverage communicates with customers, operations, and drivers about any issues encountered during each shift. Extended Coverage also communicates driver issues or requests directly to the planner, dispatcher, or customer service and generates night and weekend reports.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Monitoring drivers and service
- Reporting both DOT and non-DOT accidents according to proper procedures.
- Recording any issues encountered, especially those pertaining to cargo, OS&D, and injuries, then communicating them to operations, customers, and drivers.
- Generating current and accurate night and weekend reports according to the standard order process.
- Working closely with safety, maintenance, and operations to ensure operators comply with the policies and procedures of each department.
- Promptly answering phone calls, e-mails, voicemails, and other questions from co-workers, customers, and drivers.
- Maintaining positive customer, driver, and carrier relations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Can communicate via e-mail, telephone, and in person with clear, correct, and effective English.
- Understands dispatch philosophy and procedures of the company.
- Able to persuade and motivate drivers, keeping “customer satisfaction and driver satisfaction” as guidelines.
- Using AS-400, Peoplenet, Electronic Logbooks, and Netgraf effectively.
Hirschbach has nearly 1,200 full-time employees and professional drivers who continually strive to meet and exceed the transportation needs and customer service expectations of our clients.
With 11 different company locations offering refrigerated transportation services from coast to coast, custom dedicated fleets and non-traditional trucking solutions, Hirschbach offers a wide variety of exciting opportunities to further your career track.
Hirschbach offers a comprehensive benefits plan, 401(k), and Free Gym Memberships.
This listing has expired
Full or Part Time
|Years of Experience||1-2 Years|