Human Resource AssistantHills & Dales, Dubuque, IA
This listing has expired
Hills & Dales, a not-for-profit human services organization provides services to children and young adults with severe and profound mental and physical disabilities. It has always been the primary focus to serve people with significant medical needs. Hills & Dales values a quality of life that enhances dignity, upholds rights and encourages choices by the individual.
"It is our work, guided by our mission of building meaningful lives to serve our stakeholders; including residents and clients, their families, employees and society at large. We strive to make a positive difference in the quality of life of each individual we support."
Marilyn Althoff, Chief Executive Officer
Human Resource Assistant
Hours are generally Monday through Friday, but flexibility is required.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Maintain the HRIS database & payroll systems to assure they are current and up to date in regards to employee and company information under the guidance of the human resource director.
- Assists in the hiring of staff, including pre-screening applicants, conducting interviews, making employment offers, and managing the post-offer process.
- Processing Employee Benefits to include Health & Dental Insurance, COBRA, Retirement Plan, Life & Short-term disability insurance.
- Assures new employees complete the required paperwork and prepares training calendars/enrolls new staff in web-based training programs
- Assists with training new employees for classes related to human resources.
- Maintains the auditing of human resource and payroll files.
- Assists as directed in processing Leaves of Absence (including FMLA) and filing worker's compensation claim paperwork
- Maintains requested files and completes filing as necessary.
- Assists processing on-going licensing standards, which include; background checks for multiple departments, fingerprint checks, OIG, etc.
- Working knowledge of the Affordable Care Act as well as processing of employee benefits.
- Knowledge of human resource activities, policies, and procedures, federal, state and local regulations.
- Ability to use computer systems, software applications, and databases.
- Ability to manage tasks to meet deadlines and organize workflow.
- Ability to travel to multiple sites to perform job functions
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field, or Associate's Degree in a related field.
- Experience in Human Resources and previous experience in interviewing job applicants.
- Valid driver's license and qualify as an approved driver per company policy.
Send Cover Letters and Resumes to:
Learn more while watching our latest video!
Offer of employment is contingent upon successful completion of criminal background checks & drug screening. EOE
This listing has expired
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||2-5 Years|