VP, Underwriting & Investment Delivery LeaderPrudential Financial, Dubuque, IA
This listing has expired
For more than 140 years, Prudential has delivered products and services that help address the financial challenges of individual and institutional customers. Today, with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe and Latin America, Prudential is among the world’s largest financial services companies. Building your career at Prudential offers you the opportunity to truly make a difference.
This highly visible leadership role resides in our Full Service Solutions (FSS) business and it will report directly to the Head of FSS Product and Business Management. The Underwriting & Investment Delivery Leader will be responsible for setting strategic direction and for effectively overseeing teams of professionals to achieve:
- Development, refinements and execution of the FSS business underwriting strategy for DC, DB and NQ plans that optimize market impact and business profitability.
- Effective pricing (financial underwriting) of FSS investment, recordkeeping and individual solutions, to enable consistent revenue and profitability growth across various markets and segments.
- Exceptional investment service delivery to new and existing clients, while maximizing FSS growth.
- Efficient, engaging and innovative proposal management and delivery for DC, DB and NQ business.
A demonstrated ability to continuously promote a culture of learning and intelligent risk management, to excel in a matrix environment, and to quickly and effectively gain cross functional alignment with key partners within and outside of the FSS business (including Finance, Actuarial, Sales, Operations, Client Relationships, Individual Solutions, Marketing, Prudential Global Investment Management, and Workplace Solutions Group), will be critical for success. The leader should be passionate about driving change and willing to learn from all levels within the organization. Ability to effectively lead the team and influence business partners in a positive and inspirational manner, while modeling the organization's core values and teaching others to do the same, will be key to success.
- Provide strategic leadership of the FSS Pricing, Business Underwriting, Investment Delivery and Proposal Management teams to support the FSS revenue and profitability growth strategies.
- Drive and influence superior business outcomes through streamlined decision-making, collaboration, workforce planning, efficient processes, clear governance structure and quality management.
- Drive operational efficiencies, process and tools innovation, while ensuring regulatory compliance and client satisfaction.
- Structure and maintain performance metrics, capacity plans and reporting, to evaluate quality of output and business productivity. Track progress to the business plan and facilitate gap resolution.
- Business Underwriting Strategy and Policy: Accountable for setting and delivering on strategic business acceptance guidelines, including effective evaluation of risk and liability exposures related to new and existing clients by market and segment; also, assessment of premiums for nonstandard investment and recordkeeping solutions and guidelines for acceptable alternatives.
- Investment Delivery Strategy: Accountable for development and successful execution of investment strategy with existing and new clients, including creating an effective investment services support model to ensure exceptional client experience and optimal business impact.
- FSS Pricing: Guide evolution of pricing strategy and pricing models in partnership with Finance, Actuarial, Sales and Client Relationships. Utilize competitive intelligence to enhance pricing strategy and contribute to the pricing and design of new products and product enhancements. Ensure portfolio returns meet business plan objectives. Establish streamlined/preferred pricing strategies for key advisors and intermediary firms.
- Proposal Management: Encourage the team to implement innovative and efficient proposal management processes and proposal delivery, effective database updates and market messaging.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience; MBA preferred.
- 12+ years of retirement/financial services industry experience. Excellent understanding of retirement products and services including defined contribution, defined benefit, non-qualified, IRA and investment products.
- Deep financial, quantitative and analytical acumen, including experience in pricing and financial underwriting, investment solutions delivery and risk management.
- Deep understanding of applicable regulatory and compliance environment. Demonstrated experience in establishing and managing effective business controls processes and risk-management culture.
- Relentless focus on delivering exceptional client experience while optimizing business results. Experience in effectively engaging with clients, advisors and third parties and driving optimal business outcomes. Proven ability to be a catalyst of decision making within the larger organization.
- Strong leadership skills and demonstrated ability to build high performing teams and a culture consistent with Prudential core values. Comfortable not having direct control over all resources required to achieve business goals and empowering others to lead.
- Strong influencing skills, proven track record building consensus and driving results in a fast paced, fluid, heavily matrixed and highly regulated environment.
- Demonstrated success as a positive change agent that led meaningful business transformation; approaching each task with a 'can do' attitude and a goal of motivating and inspiring others.
- Ability to resolve conflicts and negotiating win-win outcomes effectively and tactfully.
- Ability to approach work with intellectual curiosity and transparency; openness to giving and receiving feedback. Self-awareness of strengths and opportunities; willingness to learn, grow and improve.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication/presentation skills; experience in communications with external audiences.
- FINRA series 6 and 26 required, to be obtained within 120 days of employment.
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time.
- Job location: Iselin, NJ or Hartford, CT.