Graduate Assistant- Fine and Performing ArtsUniversity of Dubuque, Dubuque, IA
This listing has expired
About the University of Dubuque
The University of Dubuque is a private, Presbyterian, coeducational, professional university with a foundation in the liberal arts. Our commitment is to nurturing the mind, body, and spirit as well as encouraging students to explore their fullest potential, is part of a rich Christian identity that dates back to the University's founding in 1852. Our welcoming interfaith community of 2000 students attracts young men and women from across the country and around the globe who seek the knowledge and the skills to make a difference in our ever-changing world. Within a values and faith base, we offer you an array of perspectives and broad exposure to our truly global society. The University comprises the undergraduate college, the graduate school, and the theological seminary.
Mission and Vision
The University of Dubuque is a private university offering undergraduate, graduate, and theological seminary degrees, and other educational opportunities with the intention of educating and forming the whole person. The University is comprised of individuals from the region, our nation, and the world.
As a community, the University practices its Christian commitments by educating students, pursuing excellence in scholarship, challenging students to live lives of worth and purpose, and preparing students for service to the church and the world.
Therefore, the University of Dubuque is committed to:
- A hospitable Christian environment which respects other faith traditions;
- Relationships which encourage intellectual, spiritual, and moral development;
- Excellence in academic inquiry and professional preparation;
- A diverse and equitable community where Christian love is practiced;
- Stewardship of all God’s human and natural resources;
- Zeal for life-long learning and service.
The University of Dubuque is a growing University who is seeking a Graduate Assistant- Fine and Performing Arts.
The Department of Fine and Performing Arts at the UD seeks applicants for the Master in Management/Communication program to serve as a GA for the 2018-2019 term. This may be renewed for a second year.
- Coordinate and maintain marketing for the Fine & Performing Arts department, including social media
- Compile pre/post-event reports and share with management, upon request
- Assist in any clerical duties that are required
- Serve as resident Stage Manager for all events and demonstrate a willingness to perform all duties required of the position
- Accomplish proficiency with set building, set decoration, and props acquisition. Participate in costuming if necessary
- Supervise FPA student workers, including (and not limited to) student admissions, marketing, and tech production
- Computer skills
- Excellent communication skills
Applicants should be available to begin work on or before August 2018.
All graduate tuition and fees are waived for the student for the term in which they serve as a GA. In return for a waiver of tuition and fees, the assistantship recipient agrees to provide service to the university equivalent to 20 hours per week.
To apply with a growing University for the Graduate Assistant- Fine and Performing Arts position, please complete the application for the MM/C program of study, located on our website at http://www.dbq.edu/Admission/GraduateApplication/ or send your inquiry to GradStudies@dbq.edu.