Flexsteel Industries, Inc. is a seating specialist with more than 116 years of experience creating fine upholstered furniture for residential, commercial and vehicle installations.
With corporate headquarters in Dubuque, Iowa, Flexsteel encompasses a nation-wide network of manufacturing facilities with operations in Dublin, Georgia; Harrison, Arkansas; Louisville, Kentucky; Riverside, California; and Starkville, Mississippi. More than 1750 associates are employed at Flexsteel facilities, with 350 associates employed in Dubuque.
Flexsteel is named for the unique flexible blue steel seat spring which offers durability and comfort, backed by one of the furniture industry's few lifetime limited warranties.
For more information, visit http://www.Flexsteel.com.
Supervises and directs activities of the RV Bed Line, Bunk Bed Assembly, ES Assembly, Prefill department products to achieve efficient completion of schedules.
Completes schedules on time; maintains quality standards; eliminates waste in man hours and in materials.
Enforces Labor Contract, especially pertaining to discipline, absenteeism, job transfers, proper pay, etc. Maintains harmonious relations with employees and Union.
Responsible for continuously improving operational metrics in safety, quality, on time performance, lead-time, productivity, and inventory turns by utilizing lean manufacturing methodology.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Recognizes and values customers and fellow associates by:
- Ensure and enhances Quality functions through monitoring of processes—establishing containment and root cause through the application of problem solving tools and the elimination of waste.
- Creating a safe and positive work environment
- Displaying pride in Flexsteel and Flexsteel's products
- Working to educate and empower the work force
- Must follow and enforce all safety rules and procedures. Must complete detailed incident investigation reports including implementation of corrective action.
- Hours may vary because production schedules may change.(Periodic overtime may be required.)
- Conforms to the dress code, the workspace, and the building guidelines, as well as all other company policies.
- Cooperates with other departments to coordinate all RV products to deliver assigned schedules on time and supports the delivery of the perfect order (on time, meets or exceeds customer requirements, safely)
- Responsible for training of new employees and introducing new methods to all employees for safety and security of company property.
- Inspects and maintains required quality of workmanship and specifications. Responsible for satisfactorily repairing all RV cut and sew products.
- Will assist with duties when QA Inspector is absent.
- Enforces plant rules and regulations and disciplines employees when needed. Checks production tickets and time cards for correct procedures.
- Promotes good employee/employer relationships.
- Ensures that all employees within the department receive all mandatory orientation training and all required annual training.
- Ensures, through frequent audits, that the work environment within each department is safe and that employees are working in a safe manner. Delivers on time Safety Training, accident investigations and promotes proactive safety suggestions to drive engagement.
- Ensures that all noted safety and health deficiencies are reported, corrected and not repeated.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE DESIRED:
- College Degree preferred, will consider a High school education or equivalent and manufacturing, production or supervisory experience in lieu of degree .
- Must be proficient in computer skills, including MS Word, Excel, or Outlook or demonstrate the ability to learn.
Flexsteel Industries, Inc. offers a competitive salary, along with an excellent full-time benefits package, paid holidays, a friendly, supportive work environment, Flexsteel furniture discounts, and professional growth opportunities. EOE M/F/H/V
Please apply online at http://www.flexsteel.com/about-us/careers
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||1-2 Years|