Automotive Technician InstructorSouthwest Wisconsin Technical College, FENNIMORE, WI
Southwest Wisconsin Technical College, Fennimore, WI is committed to excellence in education. The College assists individuals to develop employment skills, a lifelong commitment to learning, and a respect for diversity. Programs and services meet the changing needs of business, industry, and society.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES INCLUDE:
· Teach automotive technician and related courses in a post-secondary associate degree, technical diploma, and continuing education courses, seminars, & workshops
· Design, facilitate, and revise activities that promote optimum student learning
· Promote continuous quality improvement of curriculum and program operations to increase program effectiveness
· Work cooperatively with current Southwest Tech staff & a variety of business customers to customize training.
· Continuously evaluate student progress providing informative and summative feedback through formal and informal means
· Assist with marketing the courses, seminars, workshops, etc.
· Provide applications based learning activities that accommodate a variety of learning styles
· Pursue and maintain appropriate certifications, qualifications, and licensure to maintain a high level of technical competency.
· Other duties as assigned.
TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
· Two year associate degree PLUS minimum 5.5 years of related work experience required.
· Bachelor's degree or equivalent of seven years of related occupational experience preferred.
· Minimum of two-years of recent and relevant occupational experience as an Automotive Maintenance
Technician, Service Technician, Service Manager, Automotive Diagnostician, Automotive Technician, Shop
Supervisor, Diesel Technician, ASE Certified Master Technician, ASE Certified Technician
· Current ASE Certifications (or the ability to be certified) required.
· Ability to work with a diverse student population and implement a student-focused instructional approach.
· Teaching/presentation experience preferred.
· Computer knowledge of Microsoft Office, email, and internet.
· Must possess a valid driver’s license.
Internal and External applicants complete and submit the online employment application at https://www.swtc.edu/about/job-opportunities. For questions regarding the application process please contact Human Resources at email@example.com or 608.822.2314.
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: May 31, 2018
STARTING DATE: June 2018
SALARY RANGES: Bachelors $47,297 - $75,203
Advanced $49,750 - $79,102
Masters $52,202 – $83,000
BENEFITS/SERVICES: Our comprehensive benefit package includes the following and much more:
SELECTION PROCESS: The Review Committee will screen applicants and contact them for an interview. Meeting the minimum qualifications does not assure the candidate an interview. Final candidate’s employment offer will be subject to completion of a criminal background check and pre-employment drug screening.
Southwest Tech does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, or age in its programs and activities. The Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Officer has been designated to handle inquiries regarding non-discrimination policies. Call 800-362-3322, Ext. 2315 (TDD: 608-822-2072) or write Southwest Tech, 1800 Bronson Blvd., Fennimore, WI 53809.
|Apply for this Job!|
|Alternate Web Site:||Click to visit|
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||2-5 Years|