Electromechanical Technician InstructorSouthwest Wisconsin Technical College, FENNIMORE, WI
Southwest Wisconsin Technical College, Fennimore, WI is committed to excellence in education. The College assists individuals to develop employment skills, a lifelong commitment to learning, and a respect for diversity. Programs and services meet the changing needs of business, industry, and society.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES INCLUDE:
· Teach electromechanical and related courses in a post-secondary associate degree, technical diploma, apprenticeship, and continuing education courses, seminars, & workshops
· Design, facilitate, and revise activities that promote optimum student learning
· Promote continuous quality improvement of curriculum and program operations to increase program effectiveness
· Work cooperatively with current Southwest Tech staff & a variety of business customers to customize training.
· Continuously evaluate student progress providing informative and summative feedback through formal and informal means
· Assist with marketing the courses, seminars, workshops, etc.
· Provide applications based learning activities that accommodate a variety of learning styles
· Assist with grant writing
· Pursue and maintain appropriate certifications, qualifications, and licensure to maintain a high level of technical competency.
· Other duties as assigned.
TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
· Two year associate degree in Electromechanical Technology PLUS minimum 5.5 years of related work experience.
· Skilled in the knowledge and use of the current National Electric Code.
· Thorough knowledge of electricity, including motors and controls, transformers, PLCs, 3 phase power systems and reliability maintenance.
· Verifiable appropriate occupational experience in manufacturing plant electromechanical maintenance.
· Must possess a valid driver’s license.
TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
· OSHA 10-30 certification preferred.
Internal and External applicants complete and submit the online employment application at https://www.swtc.edu/about/job-opportunities. For questions regarding the application process please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or 608.822.2314.
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: May 31, 2018
STARTING DATE: July 9, 2018
SALARY RANGES: Bachelors $47,297 - $75,203
Advanced $49,750 - $79,102
Masters $52,202 – $83,000
BENEFITS/SERVICES: Our comprehensive benefit package includes the following and much more:
SELECTION PROCESS: The Review Committee will screen applicants and contact them for an interview. Meeting the minimum qualifications does not assure the candidate an interview. Final candidate’s employment offer will be subject to completion of a criminal background check and pre-employment drug screening.
Southwest Tech does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, or age in its programs and activities. The Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Officer has been designated to handle inquiries regarding non-discrimination policies. Call 800-362-3322, Ext. 2315 (TDD: 608-822-2072) or write Southwest Tech, 1800 Bronson Blvd., Fennimore, WI 53809.
|Apply for this Job!|
|Alternate Web Site:||Click to visit|
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||2-5 Years|