Bookstore Assistant - Limited TermSouthwest Wisconsin Technical College, FENNIMORE, WI
This listing has expired
Southwest Wisconsin Technical College, Fennimore, WI is committed to excellence in education. The College assists individuals to develop employment skills, a lifelong commitment to learning, and a respect for diversity. Programs and services meet the changing needs of business, industry, and society.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES INCLUDE:
· Open and/or close bookstore (as needed)
· Operate register/cashiering
· Balance cash drawer and prepare daily deposits
· Assist students, staff and visitors to campus and answer phone inquiries
· Receive, price and shelve merchandise
· Customer Service/Handle customer complaints
· Assist with perpetual physical store inventory
· Create displays and promotions to increase sales
· Monitor store security
· Process daily incoming and outgoing mail for the College, including UPS
· Assist with disbursement and buyback book processes
· Stocking/Organizing shelves
· Clerical work, filing, word processing
· Cleaning/organizing within the store
· Assembling kits/ Shrink-wrapping items
TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
· High School diploma required
· Retail experience beneficial but not required
· Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
· Proficient in use of computers and Microsoft Office
· Ability to prioritize and multi-task
· Attention to detail required
· Ability to troubleshoot and seek out resources for problem resolution
· Ability to deal tactfully and courteously with the public and to maintain effective working relationships with team members
· Valid driver’s license
Internal and External applicants complete and submit the online employment application at https://www.swtc.edu/about/job-opportunities. For questions regarding the application process please contact Human Resources at email@example.com or 608.822.2314.
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: May 28, 2018
STARTING DATE: As soon as possible
SALARY BAND: A13, Hourly Range $16.42 – $19.70
*Part-time (less than 20 hours), Limited Term Employment ending on June 30, 2019
SELECTION PROCESS: The Review Committee will screen applicants and contact them for an interview. Meeting the minimum qualifications does not assure the candidate an interview. Final candidate’s employment offer will be subject to completion of a criminal background check and pre-employment drug screening.
Southwest Tech does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, or age in its programs and activities. The Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Officer has been designated to handle inquiries regarding non-discrimination policies. Call 800-362-3322, Ext. 2315 (TDD: 608-822-2072) or write Southwest Tech, 1800 Bronson Blvd., Fennimore, WI 53809.