Loras College was founded in 1839 by the Most Rev. Mathias Loras, first Bishop of Dubuque, who established St. Raphael Seminary to educate young men for the priesthood, but with the expressed intention also of providing an opportunity for higher education to the citizens of the area. The college has functioned under several names (St. Raphael Seminary, Mt. St. Bernard, St. Joseph College, Dubuque College and Columbia College), finally adopting its present name during its centennial in 1939.
Loras is a Catholic liberal arts college dedicated to the total development of the student. Small enough to be personal, large enough to offer a wide variety of quality academic programs, Loras College recognizes the human dignity of each individual and challenges men and women to grow with purpose and direction. Relating the rich liberal arts tradition to a changing world, Loras strives to develop active learners, reflective thinkers, ethical decision makers and responsible contributors in their diverse professional, social, and religious roles. The College has an enrollment of approximately 1,600 students and employs over 375 faculty and staff members. Although employee turnover is low, interesting and challenging employment opportunities do exist in a variety of technical and professional career fields. More employment information is available at the Loras College employment opportunities webpage: https://loras.applicantpool.com/jobs/.
The Coordinator of Liturgy & Music collaborates with the College Chaplain to plan, coordinate, and joyfully celebrate an array of liturgies on campus for the faith development of all students at Loras College. As a member of the Spiritual Life Division staff, this dynamic individual energizes and enables students to deepen their friendship with the living God in music and liturgical ministry, worship and prayer services--all in the spirit of Vatican II and the New Evangelization.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/ DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Works with College Chaplain in all aspects of liturgical preparation and wedding planning to include music planning, liturgy planning and vocalist planning.
- Leads or coordinates direction of all music rehearsals, and offers instruction for all liturgical ministers.
- Responsible for recruiting, training, and scheduling of liturgical ministers and musicians for all worship services, and other special events in conjunction with Chaplain and other Spiritual Life staff.
- Coordinates logistics and set-up for all campus liturgies, special liturgical events, concerts and music student recital preparations, and outdoor venues with support from sacristans.
- Collaborates with Loras College Chaplain and other Spiritual Life Division members to establish goals and objectives for liturgical programs and division initiatives, including liturgical seasons.
- Facilitates planning of music and liturgy for Antioch, Discovery, and other designated retreats.
- Direct oversight of Wilkie Liturgy Music Program.
- Responsible for liturgical music library, licenses, and subscriptions.
- In cooperation with Marketing Department, Music Program Coordinator, and Spiritual Life staff, creates worship aids and promotes programs/events with posters and programs, newsletters, press releases, campus announcements, website and social media.
|Apply for this Job!|
|Alternate Web Site:||Click to visit|
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||1-2 Years|