Simon’s Trucking, Inc. is a family owned business that was established in 1946 with a fleet of two trucks that primarily hauled agricultural products throughout Iowa and the tri-states. Throughout the years Simon’s has continued to grow from a regional trucking company hauling bulk agricultural products to a premier trucking company offering transportation services to all 48 states and Canada through its van and refrigerated trailer operations.
Today Simon’s Trucking has achieved double digit growth since the 1990’s and is currently operating 115 tractors and over 300 trailers.
President and CEO Roger Simon and his team of professionals have built Simon’s Trucking to a highly regarded transportation carrier of manufactured and consumer products with a reputation for dependable, on-time, and safe delivery.
- Repair trucks, trailers and any other equipment.
- Replace fuel filters, jump start trucks or refrigerated trailer.
- Replace batteries, alternators, trailer door seals, trailer dolly legs, trailer door and hardware, wheel seals, air brake systems repairs, coolant leaks, patch holes in trailer roof, side panels, and floor.
- Repair electrical and lighting problems, repair suspension and air ride systems, weld and repair mud flap brackets, ICC bumpers, and other components that may need welding.
- Any other mechanic repairs that can be done outside of the shop building.
- Communicate with shop Manager
- Fill out work orders and document parts used and
- Labor times for repairs completed.
- shop parts inventoried and organized along with a safe/clean workspace.
- Minimum of 2 years’ truck and trailer repair experience.
- Good communications skills.
- Basic computer knowledge and data entry experience.
- Mechanic aptitude and ability to operate shop tools and air tools.
- Ability to read shop service manuals.
- Be able to work independently
- Ability to lift in excess of 100 lbs.
- High school or equivalent
Skilled Labor Trades
|Years of Experience||1-2 Years|