Part-Time Parish AdministratorEXPRESS Employment Professionals, Dubuque, IA
This listing has expired
On a Mission to Put
a Million People to Work
Express Employment Professionals is one of the top staffing companies in the U.S. and Canada. Every day, we help people find jobs and provide workforce solutions to businesses. Express has more than 750 franchise locations that provide a full range of employment solutions that include full-time, temporary, and part-time employment in a wide range of positions, including professional, commercial, and administrative. Each Express office is locally owned and operated and backed by the expertise and support of an international headquarters. Simply put, Express is large enough to meet your needs and small enough to care.
If you're a job seeker, Express will assess your skills and work with you to find a job that fits your needs and abilities. Applicants never pay a fee at Express, and you'll have the opportunity to earn benefits such as medical insurance, holiday pay, vacation pay, referral bonuses and much more. Learn more.
For employers, Express Employment Professionals provides staffing and HR solutions to help meet your needs and production goals.
LIKE US! Facebook.com/ExpressDbq
A local Congregation is seeking a Part-Time Parish Administrator. Under the supervision of the Rector, the Parish Administrator provides general office support to the parish, staff, congregation and committees. This work includes, but is not limited to: data and records management, phone and email support, supplies and inventory management, communications work, managing use of church space by parish and outside groups, supporting church ministries and committees and collaborating with volunteers. The Parish Administrator will be a resource person for both members and non-members, and a welcoming and responsive presence in our church’s office.
Hours are Tuesday – Friday 9am – 2pm.
- Maintain a functional system of communication with the parish.
- Maintain parish records, including membership, diocesan, physical plant, and other operational data, keeping them up-to-date and accurate.
- Produce reports, directories, and other documents from parish records under the direction of the Rector, or other authorized persons on a timely basis.
- Coordinate the parish calendar to facilitate building use by internal and authorized external groups.
- Produce and distribute weekly e-news and monthly parish newsletter by email and regular mail.
- Assist with preparing and distributing marketing materials, as directed.
- Assist with managing the church’s online presence (website and Facebook pages, online advertising, etc.).
- Ensure Parish House and Church Bulletin Boards are updated regularly.
- Provide a welcoming and helpful presence in the parish office.
- Respond to requests for information and resources (including requests for assistance) via email, telephone, and in-person visits.
- Provide general administrative support: including: preparing meeting documents or posting minutes; making document copies, sending out mailings, etc.
- Place orders for supplies and equipment as authorized.
- Coordinate with vendors as delegated by Rector, Wardens and Building & Grounds Committee.
- Communicate regularly with Rector, custodial staff and Junior Warden about facilities-related needs, including coordinating parish key distribution.
- Produce rosters, correspondence, and other documents.
- Sort incoming mail, and send parish mailing and other outgoing mail.
- Maintain and manage parish calendar.
- Assist with preparing and proofing worship materials and bulletins for Sunday morning and other services.
- Assist with the coordination of lectionary and ministry schedules, sending reminders as scheduled.
- Provide assistance with tracking the liturgical calendar and planning for church events, as needed.
- Assist in recruiting, coordinating and scheduling volunteer receptionists and other volunteers as needed, under direction of the Rector
- Organize workflow and maintain a tidy and usable office environment so as to enable effective use of volunteers and welcoming environment for visitors.
- Assist in coordination of special events.
- Minimum 3 years of office experience, including communications, is required.
- Experience in a church or other ministry setting is preferred.
- Openness to Christian faith and spirituality and working in an environment guided by and on mission in support of such values and activities
- Associate degree in administration, communications, office support, or related area, is desired.
This listing has expired
|Years of Experience||--|