Our mission is to provide superior healthcare and an excellent patient experience.
Medical Associates Clinic is a well-established multispecialty group practice with over 170 providers and a staff of over 1,000 health care professionals and support personnel. The group was founded in 1924 and is Iowa’s oldest multispecialty group practice. Today, Medical Associates Clinic is the area’s leading health care provider and only multispecialty group practice. Medical Associates Clinic has been recognized since 1998 as a “better performing practice” by the Medical Group Management Association.
In 1982, Medical Associates developed the Tri-State’s first health maintenance organization, Medical Associates Health Plans, which offers comprehensive health benefits to over 400 employers and 45,000 members. Medical Associates Health Plans has maintained an “Excellent” rating, the highest level of accreditation possible by the National Committee for Quality Assurance, for 13 consecutive years.
Medical Associates Clinic offers several locations from which to seek medical care, including facilities at 1500 Associates Drive, 1000 Langworthy, and 1940 Elm Street in Dubuque, Iowa; as well as facilities in Bellevue, Cascade, Dyersville, Elkader, and Monona, Iowa; Cuba City, and Platteville, Wisconsin; and Elizabeth and Galena, Illinois.
Medical Associates Clinic in Dubuque, Iowa is seeking an Optometrist to join their team. The Department of Ophthalmology includes 6 ophthalmologists and 3 optometrists.
This is a full-time, Monday through Friday position. No weekend or on-call responsibilities. Candidates with interest in specialty contact lenses are desired.
Details of the practice include:
- The Department provides comprehensive eye care to the Tri-State region of Northeast Iowa, Northwest Illinois and Southwest Wisconsin.
- Department Clinics include the main location in Dubuque, Iowa and satellite clinics in Platteville, Wisconsin and Galena, Illinois. The Department provides additional outreach clinics in Elkader, Guttenberg, Dyersville, Iowa and Lancaster, Wisconsin.
- The Department includes Comprehensive, Retina, Glaucoma, Cornea, Oculo-plastics, Optical, Contact lens and Pediatric and Adult Strabismus Services.
- Laser refractive surgery is performed in the department.
- Technology includes onsite CT and MRI with radiology support, digital angiography, high definition ocular coherence tomography, wave front instrumentation, ophthalmic ultrasound, Optos fundus photography, Pentacam, endothelial cell counter, automated and manual perimetry, and electronic medical record system.
Medical Associates Clinic, with over 170 providers, is the area’s leading healthcare provider and multispecialty group practice. The group has received multiple recognitions including MBMA’s “Better Performing Groups” and U.S. news and World Reports “America’s Best Health Plans”.
Dubuque, Iowa: Located along the scenic wooded bluffs overlooking the Mississippi River, Dubuque is a beautiful city with one of the finest school systems in the country. The City has won many national awards including Kiplinger’s “10 Great Places to Live”, Forbes “Best Small Places for Business and Careers” and Forbes “#1 Best Small City to Raise a Family”. A full list of the awards can be found on the City of Dubuque website at: http://cityofdubuque.org/73/Awards
The Dubuque area offers something for everyone: two of the best down-hill ski resorts in the Midwest, miles of hiking, biking and cross country skiing trails, a talented local symphony, the Smithsonian-affiliated National Mississippi River Museum and Aquarium, excellent community theatre, farmer’s market, boating, and extensive programs, sports and events for children.
With a population of 70,000 and a drawing base area of over 250,000, Dubuque is a city where the simple pleasures and modern conveniences of life are balanced. Dubuque is a little over a one hour drive from both Madison and Iowa City, and is only three hours from Chicago.
Click here to apply: Optometrist
|Apply for this Job!|
|Alternate Web Site:||Click to visit|
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||--|