Georgia-Pacific (GP) is among the world's leading manufacturers of bath tissue, paper towels, napkins, tableware, paper-based packaging, office papers, cellulose, specialty fibers, nonwoven fabrics, building products and related chemicals. Our wood products business makes DensGlass® gypsum board often seen in commercial construction, DryPly® plywood and RESI-MIX® wood adhesives, among others. Our containerboard and packaging business offers high-end graphic packaging to bulk bins as well as Golden Isles fluff pulp. You may also recognize consumer brands like Angel Soft®, Brawny®, and Dixie® on retail shelves and enMotion® towels, Compact® bath tissue and SmartStock® cutlery dispensers when you are away from home. Our GP Harmon business is one of the world's largest recyclers of paper, metal and plastics. As a Koch Company, we create long-term value using resources efficiently to provide innovative products and solutions that meet the needs of customers and society, while operating in a manner that is environmentally and socially responsible, and economically sound. Headquartered in Atlanta, GA., we employ approximately 35,000 people. For more information, visit http://www.gp.com/.
Our facility in Dubuque, IA is a corrugated box facility. Georgia-Pacific is one of the nation’s leading corrugated box manufacturers. We manufacture standard corrugated containers, as well as many specialty packaging products. We specialize in produce, poultry and bulk containers, and with our expertise in direct print and lithographic multi-color boxes, we provide cost-effective corrugated packaging systems for virtually any product. Our customers experience a team approach, integrating materials, package engineering and automation elements to meet production, distribution and sales expectations. To learn more about our Packaging division, please visit: www.gppackaging.com
Interested in growing your skills and knowledge within Quality in a manufacturing environment?
Georgia-Pacific Dubuque is seeking Quality Tech for a temporary position for 6-18 months. The individual selected in this role will receive training and development primarily in Quality and SQF initiatives, but also receive exposure to production operations.
- Performing quality checks on the production floor
- Assisting with SQF compliance such as auditing
- Learning about aspects of quality through quality training documentation and attending plant leadership meeting
- The ideal candidate should be eager to learn, create value through problem solving, and advance within the business.
- A college degree (or near completion of a degree) in Industrial Technology, Engineering, or Business
- Must have very good computer skills with proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), file management skills, and ability to quickly learn other corporate software systems.
- Candidate must be able to work 35-45 hours per week with occasional weekend requirements. The position is primarily 1st shift hours, but will require occasional in early or stay late situations with flexibility to align with candidate schedule.
- microsoft office: 1 year
Future opportunites within Georgia-Pacific may considered for the indivdual successful in this temporary role.
|Apply for this Job!|
|Alternate Web Site:||Click to visit|
|Years of Experience||--|