Human Resources DirectorUnityPoint Health Finley Hospital, Dubuque, IA
This listing has expired
A CAREER AT UNITYPOINT HEALTH - FINLEY HOSPITAL
UnityPoint Health team members come for a job, but stay for a career. As a team member, regardless of your position, you'll get the chance to change lives on a daily basis in order to deliver our vision of the Best Outcome for Every Patient, Every Time. That privilege drives employees' passion for making a difference in the lives of our patients, helping them create healthier, more rewarding lives.
At UnityPoint Health - Finley Hospital, we know our collective actions determine the experience we create. Our team members strive to work as one through four key values:
* Foster Unity
* Own the Moment
* Champion Excellence
* Seize Opportunity
If you are interested in joining our team, please visit http://www.unitypoint.org/dubuque/employment-opportunities to learn about our many opportunities and to fill out an online application.
ABOUT OUR HOSPITAL
UnityPoint Health Finley Hospital is a 126-bed community hospital. We employ more than 800 full-and-part-time employees. Finley Hospital is a not-for-profit, locally owned, regional healthcare facility part of the UnityPoint Health system. Finley Hospital is committed to bringing the best medical care to the tri-state area. We offer comprehensive, full service health care that is coordinated around our patients. We have consistently been recognized as a leader in health care.
Leadership and Direction
- Responsible for the oversight of all human resources functions, maintaining the authority and accountability for employment, compensation, benefits administration, wellness, employee relations, labor relations, policy development/administration, and all system related deployment strategies.
- Participates in the organization’s strategic planning process. Develops operational plans for the areas of responsibility.
- Develops short and long-term goals that are in concert with the mission and vision of the hospital.
- Develops, implements, monitors and evaluates a budgetary process for areas of responsibility ensuring the effective, efficient utilization of human and material resources.
- Demonstrates leadership ability in providing direction, supervision and support to associates. Delegates’ accountability and responsibility appropriately.
- Assures department practices and compliance with federal and local laws and other regulatory bodies occurs.
- Demonstrates extensive knowledge of and effectively prepares for The Joint Commission and other regulatory agencies.
- Demonstrates effective verbal and written communication abilities. Ensures practices and processes that result in effective communication throughout the organization. Ensure effective working relationships are maintained.
- Facilitates the completion of performance assessments for direct reports at designated time intervals.
- Ensures that an effective program is in place for staff development and assessment including orientation, in service, competency validation and continuing education for departments reporting to this position.
- Formulates and recommends human resource policies along with ensuring that the hospital’s human resource policies and procedures are in legal compliance through audit, review and recommendation for change.
- Promotes the hospital’s philosophy of fair employment practices for all associates by providing resource counseling to both managers and associates, coordinating the grievance procedure, and working closely with the hospital’s employment attorney.
Employee and Labor Relations, OD, Operational Deployment
- Manage and participates with employee/labor relations issues such as employee/labor complaints, harassment allegations, work/performance issues, and grievances while managing risk and ensuring legal compliance.
- Assist groups and teams to identify and resolve problem issues, coaching managers on employee performance issues, and providing consistent interpretation and application of personnel policies, union contracts, statutory regulations and laws.
- Coach management to become effective in employee/labor relations, performance management, conduct, employee engagement, professional development and employee development.
- Provide day-to-day policy, contractual and regulatory guidance and interpretations to employees and management on HR topics that may include, but are not limited to: compensation, job postings, transfers, compensation methodology, FML/WFML, STMD, hiring practices, career advancement, tuition assistance, insurance options, training opportunities, etc.
- Conduct grievance and issue resolution meetings. Manage and resolved complex grievances, including settlements and last chance agreements.
- Represent, resolve and settle, in conjunction with legal counsel, proceedings such as arbitrations, EEOC, or ERD hearings
- Maintain a positive and working relationship with managers, employees, the union and the community.
- Responsible for the bargaining of and administration of collective bargaining agreements.
- Ensure any ER/LR decisions made in operational areas align and support the organizational strategic vision and goals
- Advise, recommend, and develop ER/LR strategies, in conjunction the ER/LR Director and Senior Leadership
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources, business administration, healthcare administration or related field.
- 5+ years in Human Resource management.
Prior experience in dealing effectively with unionization efforts and in-depth understanding of federal laws and NLRB regulations.
Demonstrated strong communication and relationships skills with an emphasis on facilitating a diverse opinions and managing conflict.
Strong analytical and intuitive skills.
Strategic thinking capability, and wiliness to confront difficult issues and challenge conventional thinking to solve system problems.
Demonstrated knowledge of current employment law and regulatory rulings and experience in applying these standards across the system.
Proven leadership skills in complex organization.
Strong communication and negotiation skills.
Keen interpersonal and customer service skills.
This listing has expired
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||2-5 Years|